style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks Maroon, only taking it to Tesco as that is where it was purchased from

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Maroon, only taking it to Tesco as that is where it was purchased from

Good to hear, I'm hoping it goes well for you :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thanks, not holding out much hope as had camera nearly 2 years x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

thanks, not holding out much hope as had camera nearly 2 years x

You'll never know until you try :)

well took camera back and no joy,was told as no extended warranty nothing they can do

well took camera back and no joy,was told as no extended warranty nothing they can do

You must have told them dx told you to bash it about :)

lol no Maroon, they did say I could have it repaired but it may cost more then the camera cost! told me I would be better buying a new one :/

Lovely camera and took great pictures and videos

lol no Maroon, they did say I could have it repaired but it may cost more then the camera cost! told me I would be better buying a new one :/

Lovely camera and took great pictures and videos

Yeh, that's a shame, but you did try.

extended warranty is nothing to do with it

any warranty is in addition to your consumer rights/ soga etc

does not replace them

or

absolve the retailer from the laws

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am unsure what to do now as when I purchased the camera it only cost me £10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hence why I grabbed it quick. I had to look several times at the price but it was right, they told me today I got a mega bargain as this camera is worth quite a lot more

model make number please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is a Fujiflim, FinePix T350, HAS a rechargeable battery, NP-45A or NP-45B, CD-ROM, usb cable etc .

I is 14MP

is that what you need dx?

TYVM

Sandy xx

I am unsure what to do now as when I purchased the camera it only cost me £10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hence why I grabbed it quick. I had to look several times at the price but it was right, they told me today I got a mega bargain as this camera is worth quite a lot more

This new information means you are on a "hiding to nothing", I fear!

IF you could establish the retailer has liability, if all you paid was £10, they wouldn't have to repair or replace it.

They could give you £10 just to close the matter and say "has had full refund, end of matter".

So, try "self-help"

http://camerarepair.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html?m=1

it is a Fujiflim, FinePix T350, HAS a rechargeable battery, NP-45A or NP-45B, CD-ROM, usb cable etc .

I is 14MP

is that what you need dx?

TYVM

Sandy xx

Is this the camera that a Snowdragon gave a 5 star review to on the Tesco Direct site 9 months ago !

It should not matter if you paid £10, if it was being sold as a new item without any issues advised to you. The camera is still sold by Fuji via Amazon for £115.

Tesco would still be responsible under SOGA for a product that failed before its reasonable life expectancy. But in this situation, it is not worth the hassle of spending money on a technicians report to prove a faulty item and not a user failure.

Suggest that for £10, you decide that you have had fair use for what you paid and to buy another camera. As others are reporting technical failures with some Fuji models, you might wish to avoid. Personally i find Nikon the best for quality.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Uncle tbh I can not remember giving a review! But yes until the camera developed this fault I had no cause for concern. I will probably look for another one, I have been reading up on a few and will check out the Canon ones ty

Uncle tbh I can not remember giving a review! But yes until the camera developed this fault I had no cause for concern. I will probably look for another one, I have been reading up on a few and will check out the Canon ones ty

I think when you bought the camera it was an end of line special offer, as newer models were available. Tesco as do other big retailers do sell off items at silly prices on occasions.

I bought a Nikon point and shoot camera which i think is 6mp and it takes really good pictures. My cousin thought that a few pics i took were better than the professional wedding photographer they had.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I will be getting one that I can charge up ( not batteries ) as the one I have now comes with a charger which I prefer, I took the memory card out of it as had no pictures on it due to me putting them on my PC, it is a 4GB SanDisk, SDHC Card :) long as it is not a Pink camera!

I have just been looking at a Polaroid 20mp camera that is £39 and comes with charger but I always think of them and the instant photo cameras!

Still looking

Thank you all, Sandy xx

I decided to try my camera again today and the lens has now come out and is turning but when I switch it on I still get the message, turn camera on and back on, also looking through the lens all you see is black and the lens is now out all the time, the lens cover is now wide open!

and they

camera turns on and off but lens is now all the time in the out postion, when you look through it now, it is white!

and they

Up to yet not worked but camera now needs charging so doing that, thank you for the link x

Found this.

The methods are listed in the order of risk of damaging your camera. Thus make sure you try them in the listed order. And remember, these fixes (especially #6 and 7) should only be considered for a camera that's out of warranty, who's cost of repair would be excessive, and would otherwise be considered for disposal if unrepaired:

Fix #1: Remove the batteries from the camera, wait a few minutes. Put a fresh set of batteries back in (preferably rechargeable NiMH 2500mah or better) and turn the camera on. If that didn't work, try pressing and holding the Function or OK button while turning the camera on.

Fix #2: Remove the batteries, then remove the memory card. Then install new batteries, and turn on the camera. If you get an Error E30, it means you don't have a memory card installed, so turn it off, slip in the memory card and turn it on one last time.

Fix #3: Insert the cameras Audio/Video (AV) cable, and turn the camera on. Inserting this cable ensures that the camera's LCD screen remains off during the start process. Thus extra battery power is available to the camera's lens motor during startup. This extra power can be useful in overcoming grit or sand particals that may be jamming the lens. If the AV cable doesn't fix the lens error by itself, consider keeping this cable installed while trying fixes 4, 5, and 7 as a means to provide extra help to these fixes. But note that I DON'T recommend keeping the cable installed during Fix 6 as you may damage the AV port while tapping the camera. Reinsert the cable only AFTER tapping the camera.

Fix #4: Place the camera flat on its back on a table, pointed at the ceiling. Press and hold the shutter button down, and at the same time press the power-on button. The idea is that the camera will try to autofocus while the lens is extending, hopefully seating the lens barrel guide pins in their slots.

Fix #5: Blow compressed air in the gaps around the lens barrels with the idea of blowing out any sand or grit that may be in there jamming the lens. Other variations include blowing with a hair dryer in “no heat” setting, or sucking the gaps with a vacuum (careful with this one).

Now we're entering into the realm of potentially damaging your camera in conducting the fix. There is definitely some risk here, so take care when conducting the following two fixes.

Fix #6: Repeatedly tap the padded/rubber usb cover on a hard surface with the intent of dislodging any particles that may be jamming the lens. Other variations include hitting a side of the camera against the palm of your hand. A lot of people have reported success with this method. HOWEVER, there is also some potential for damaging or dislodging internal components with this method, such as unseating ribbon cables, or cracking LCD screens.

Fix #7: Try forcing the lens. More people have reported success with this method than with any of the other methods. HOWEVER, there's obviously some potential for damaging your camera by using this method. Variations include gently pulling, rotating, and/or twisting the lens barrel while hitting the power button. Attempt to gently straighten or align the barrel if it's crooked or twisted. Another variation includes looking for uneven gaps around the lens barrel, and then pushing on the side of the lens barrel that has the largest gap (note pushing the lens barrel all the way in is NOT recommended as it may become stuck there). While doing any of the above, listen for a click that indicates that the lens barrel guide pins may have reseated in their guide slots. If you hear this click, immediately stop and try the camera.

hi Uncle, I went on u-tube and found that, my camera has a battery in you charge from the mains or via PC, followed all those steps but no joy yet, camera is on charge atm :)

camera is now charged but still not working, it turns on/off etc but that is it, now there is a square pattern on the screen

time for bin maybe! lol

on harm in keeping bashing it on all sides to an increasing level then [go read that thread I linked]

and rotating by hand back and forth each section of the lenses

then bash again

you prob need to jump the grains of dirt out the cogs

and they