GE Money Nightmare

wintermare
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there my friend has an account with Frasers(ge money).

It went to their collection agency last january

"viking collection servicies"for£2311 and she has been paying £100-£150 a month to it and they are still adding interest and charges therefore the balance is now£2300.

I telephoned them for her and asked for a dpa request first they told me it was 50p per statement then i told them it was £10 total so they had to check.

they said they only have it from 2002(not right).

when i quized them on the interest and charges still going on my account they told me that they were NOT a collection agency therefore they still charged interest.

this is imposible for my friend to pay this amount off they say they are looking for £400 a month she only earns £800

they started on about tho oft when i was talking about charges,saying that they dont have to pay back any thing and that charges are not illegal yet they also said that charges are automatic and there is nothing they can do about them

please can any one help as it is driving her up the wall

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

Guest Lueeze

Claim through Fraser not the collections agency...

I would just not pay up till the refunds have been made to her...

But to get that she will have to follow all the same old letter writing process as everyone else im afraid!

Good Luck

thanks

i phone them back just now and asked for a transcript of the last caonverstion i had as i needed them to tell me that charges were automatic and guess what she said

" i can confirm charges are definitly automatic that what we were told the computer takes them out your account each month nobody goes near it"

she said it would be sent out

weird hu

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

Guest Lueeze

Maybe they havent been made aware not to admit the charges are automatic..

The banks are quite aware they could get into trouble for admitting this, so their staff have probabally been briefed but like i said maybe GE havent been hit so hard

YET...

Right, couple of things.

Do NOT stop paying until refunds are made. If you do, they can default you, the interest will pile up, etc... And it will look you're trying to get out of paying what you owe. Never EVER just stop paying.

Don't do a DPA to the collection agency, do it to GE. Usual procedure, £10 cheque, full list of transactions and charges made to account, you'll accept statements for THEIR convenience.

ive written a letter for her to frasers "letter before action" slightly modified with an added reference to the ;

"No Quibble Guarantee

In the unlikely event that you are not totally satisfied with your House of Fraser Account Card, please call our Customer Services on 0870 1242 413† and take advantage of our No Quibble Guarantee. If you contact us within 60 days of opening your Account and then pay off your outstanding balance within 30 days, we will close your account for you and waive the interest charges and fees^^. This guarantee is in addition to and does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.

†Calls may be monitored and recorded. ^^ We may require the notification in writing."

ill try through this route i know they will pass it on to ge capital but they still have the same time to respond and ive just estimated her amounts i.e. not more than £2300

should get a response lol

(this was the route i took with abbey and the sent the dpa within 2 days without payment.)

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

• 2 weeks later...

she got her sod off letter,i told her to post the dpa with£10

she say s on the letter the said they were in the right but they would refund "the charge".

they never said how much it was strange because "the charge" i asked them for was "not over £2300"

that would be easy if it was sent !

(dont think so)

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

1)wintermare vs abbey

SETTLED £1901

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks