gross misconduct allegation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just wanted some initial views please. My daughter works in a national chain restaurant. She didn't turn up to a training event recently and neither did she phone to give her apologies. At her next shift she apologised, explained why etc. As a result she was told that she was being disciplned.

She was given the impression by her manager that her disciplinary letter was in the office for her to collect. So she went to the office to collect it (I understand this to be fairly routine for staff to collect payslips etc from the office). Sure enough on the desk was an enveloped addressed to her containing an invitiation to a disciplinary hearing in a few days time. The following day she was contacted by the employer to say that she was suspended and since then she has received a letter from them to say that they are now investigating a case of gross misconduct - "the unauthorised possession or removal of property belonging to the company", the property in this case being the disciplinary letter!!

This to me sounds completely ridiculous, can an envelope addressed to her, for her attention be classed as company property, can she really be accused of unauthorised removal of this "property" when she was under the impression she was to collect it?

Thanks in advance.