Experian

pam56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if you can give me some advice on Experian & how they record debt. I have 2 questions (sorry!)

The first o an IVA 7 years ago. Barclays was one of my creditors. They were notified by my insolvency practioner but they carried on sending me hassling letters. I then wrote to them & showed a copy of the IVA. They have taken no notice and it is still showing on my credit file after 7 years. Experian said they cannot remove it until they get notification from Barclays (Not a chance as they just wont compile with any instructions)

2nd question Is this my daughter had her new phone stolen in Germany in 2015. I immediately rang T-Mobile to inform them of this and they said I shouldn't cancel it as they cld track her phone for her. I said the thieves would have probably be using this as we speak and insisted they cancel it. They did so. I now find they are registering a debt every month as if I am not paying for it. She hasn't got a phone from them anymore. I told Experian and they said I need a letter from T-Mobile but they won't give me one. HELP!!

Thank you

Probably best if you keep these two issues separately.

Is there an administrator for an IVA ? If so, then they should have been a bit more forceful. I suggest you make a formal complaint to B/shark's head / registered office, in writing - they have 8 weeks in which to provide either a satisfactory resolution or a final response letter within 8 weeks - after which time you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman - this for the way in which B/shark have behaved in respect of your IVA and the harassment.

You would need to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner in respect of the credit file issue - had B/shark started adding default markers to your credit file prior to your going on to the IVA ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In relation to the phone...if this was a contract, you are still liable for the monthly payments for the contract period regardless of whether you have the handset or not. :(

I guess its why they try to sell their insurance.

Hope that helps