CEL & Debt Enforcement and Action Limited - Solicitor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have just received an email from the SRA with regards to M Shartz solicitor for DEAL and CEL. I thought i would share it with Everyone.

We wrote to you last year to confirm that Michael David Schwartz is a solicitor currently on the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales and does have a current practising certificate. We also confirmed that we would be considering any breaches of the SRA Code of Conduct.

We have decided not to take any further action in relation to this particular matter. Our reasons for this are set out below.

We have considered the information you provided alongside the other information we hold about Mr Schwartz. We have also made enquiries of Mr Schwartz and his employer at the time you wrote to us, Civil Enforcement Ltd, the parent company of Debt Enforcement & Action Ltd. Civil Enforcement Ltd has taken steps to rectify deficiencies in their procedures.

We have also made enquiries of Mr Schwartz concerning a separate matter. Following the conclusion of those enquiries, practising certificate conditions were imposed on Mr Schwartz's practising certificate. The decision can be found on our website at: http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/118966.article?decision-1

Mr Schwartz's conduct has also been referred to the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. The matter has been passed to our Legal & Enforcement team to consider the extent of the allegations to be brought. The Tribunal will make its own decision on the allegations having heard the evidence.

The Tribunal publishes decisions on its website: http://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/

Cheers

Lets

Well that's interesting.

I can scarcely imagine that there are many regulatory bodies which are so open about the decisions that they have made against their members and the reasons for them.

Hats off to the SRA.

Thank you for this information

Update on Michael Schwartz (now of Civil Enforcement Limited)

The Prankster has received a number of emails from people who complained to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about Michael Schwartz.

The SRA were also investigating Mr Schwartz about another matter, and practicing certificate conditions were imposed on Mr Schwartz.*

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/update-on-michael-schwartz-now-of-civil.html#comment-form