Help with Collect services - council pcn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening all. Haven't been on here for years but every time I do I always get great help so thank you in advance.

I need some general advice.

Wife got PCN for £65 which we forgot to pay.

Eventually got a letter from Collect stating we had to call them by 5:00pm on 19th Oct. 2015 to pay or make arrangement to pay the debt now totalling £277.

Wife called on time and explained our situation and offered to pay £28 per month to clear debt (we're on benefits so thats all we could afford).

They accepted the payment and told us to put in writing our payment offer by email which she did. We received no reply to our email!

Then on 5th November a bailiff attended our property with an enforcement notice with a total of £484!??

My wife rang the bailiff who said we had agreed a monthly payment of £50????

My wife told him that was not true.

He then said that he would have to refer back to the office.

My wife then sent an email that day complaining.

They again never responded in person (but we receive automated responses).

On the 19th November I called to make the 2nd instalment.

The man would not accept my payment and told me that there was a payment plan in place for £28 PER WEEK????

I then went to the bank and paid them directly.

We then had another visit on the 18th December demanding £456 (£28 less than previous)!!

My wife called them again and they said that they sent an email to her on 24th November (which my wife did not receive; however that was the same time Talk Talk was hacked)

stating that they would not accept £28 but we had to pay £114 due on the 1st December.

They also asked for a full breakdown of our expenses including copies of bank statements; proof of benefits etc.

Their email also stated that "you should continue to make regular payments of as much as you are able" (which is what we are doing in the first place????????).

I then paid the next £28 instalment on the 19th December and also on the 19th January.

Please tell me how we proceed.

My wife is not comfortable providing personal bank details etc especially as they have been dishonest with their stated payment arrangements we have never agreed to!

We accept the original £277 charge and will pay that with no problem!

Thanks again in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning. Thank you for replying and sorry for not responding sooner. Whenever they attend we have always been out. The car is not subject to finance and is definitely worth more than the amount owed. Hope to hear from you soon.