Brighthouse Text Messages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would like to point out I am also receiving these "Best day to pay...." text messages.

I have text STOP.- no effect

i have contacted customer service by phone 4 times and been promised each time my number had been removed from the sysyem. -no effect

I have emailed the complaint to Customer Services - no effect...............

........oh and I am not and never have been a customer!!

:mad2::-x

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to CAG Chalmers1967

I have moved your post to its own thread. Please explain more on your case and see if we can help you?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Forward their silly text messages to 7726 (spam on your phones keypad)

Lodge a formal complaint in writing to them, calling them is as much use as indicators on a submarine.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good Afternoon chalmers1967,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologise about the issues you have had in getting your contact number removed off our systems and that you are still receiving text messages. I understand that you have emailed and spoken to Customer Relations before but could you please send another email to quoting this reference: 250312 and I can look into this for you. Once again I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourself regarding this matter.

Kind Regards

Jason

Web Relations Team

And please let us know how you get on with Jason's help.

Especially as OP isn't even a customer, if the texts don't stop, a Cease & Desist Letter to BH, reminding them what happened to British Gas......

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I'd actually go one stop further. You filed a complaint, used STOP in reply to them. They didnt follow up, time for a LBA, not follow jasons advice, as hes doing that because he doesnt want a legal claim against the company they are GUARANTEED to lose.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd actually go one stop further. You filed a complaint, used STOP in reply to them. They didnt follow up, time for a LBA, not follow jasons advice, as hes doing that because he doesnt want a legal claim against the company they are GUARANTEED to lose.

I would be inclined to do that quoting the British Gas harassment case, Ferguson v British Gas COA 2009* stating that as NOT a customer all further contact after the STOP is Criminal Harassment contrary to The Protection From Harassment Act 1997

http://www.5rb.com/case/ferguson-v-british-gas-trading-ltd/

* British Gas pursued Ms Ferguson for a disputed bill as she had switched supplier. The precedent applies to BH action as they don't need to have a coroprate mind to ground the offence, and even automated computer letters and texts fall under the Act and constitute harassment, according to that case.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I would send the letter and ask why they think you are a customer, and that you are giving them 7 days to reply and are logging and archiving the texts to send to the ICO, as they have no right to be "Processing your data" by texting, so the log and texts will be forwarded to the ICO, further as per Ferguson and British Gas you will be initiating action for Criminal Harassment. Tell them the file and texts are being given to the police also.

As you are NOT a customer Jason@ Brighthouse may not be able to help, anyway it has gone beyond that.

Hi

Some phones have a back up system that allows you to back up texts and contacts. If yours isn't one, there is plenty of free software out there that allows you to back these up to a PC.

Keep them safe. Print off copies as well (if you can)

Don't bother with any BH rep anymore. While they do help sometimes, they are mainly out to cover their backsides.

A Letter Before Action should only be sent if you intend to take court action. Don't bother if you are not going to go that far.

By quoting the above BG case, this may indicate to BH that you know what you are doing.

All letters to the head office.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Good morning chalmers1967,

I am sorry you have received another text message, however I have not been able to locate an email in our inbox.

Without your details, it is not possible for me to remove the number from our system. In order for me to take any action in removing your number from our database, please email customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk with the reference number in the subject heading.

The reference for your log in 250312.

I look forward to receiving your email and helping resolve the situation.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Why is the number there in the first place jason. Never mind damage mitigation as you know any legal action the OP takes, they would win. It seems that your companies checks and admin procedures do not hold up ( as if we didnt already know that).

First you harass people into paying, you send out unauthorised collectors to threaten people in their own homes, you try and force them to come into their store so they can be threatened by the staff there. You refuse to deal with accounts at HO level saying its a store decision, and now people who arent even customers of BH are being harassed.

It really isn't looking too good for your company. No wonder you are trying damage mitigation.

Please note, im not against your company as a whole. Just it's very ignorant and regulation/law breaking procedures which seem to continuously happen despite your assurances that it wont. It seems that what happens is you fix one persons issue and ignore the rest unless its called out, hoping people will cave in and you get off Scott free

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

This company seriously needs a overhaul of their recovery procedures and data handling. Rather than Jason coming on here to limit damage they should have a meeting at HO and thrash this out. Then once done update the records of every customer and then make sure they (BH) stop the practice of allowing further credit without doing the correct checks. Its abysmal. I am so glad I didn't have friends to say I am ok it would have been bad....

Finally it should be company policy not to take risks they have put in to the market...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It's my view Mikey that rather than lax procedures, their current methods are sanctioned and encouraged by head office. There's just too many incidents from shops all over the country for it to be a one off, and we see maybe 1% of people that need help. And don't forget those that fall completely for bh trick's.

Couple that with the head office saying they can't do anything and its a store decision how accounts are managed...

Am I missing something here or is a company not just guilty of dialing wrong number.(or having one in its system)

How many of the texts are you getting in a day, do any of them seek payment or threaten in any way ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

DB serious issues as BH processing chalmers1967 data completely unlawfully, as in chalmers is not even a customer, BH have been advised as such, so are now way into the doo doo. Details sent as complaint to to ICO? The texts are daily, and are asking for payments or OP to contact stor |I think.

It has gone way beyond Jason, he can do diddly, no customer reference to check probs.

Question for Chalmers, have you bought a new phone with a new number recently?

Reason I ask is that mobile operators recycle numbers, and it is possible that the number once belonged to a BH customer, so you are being harassed for their debt. True story, I was given a new work phone, first call I had was from Rossendales Collect for a woman's debt, who just happened to have the number before I did, to their credit Dossers ceased and desisted after another couple of calls when I told them to go away and that they could track me down through Head Office if they wanted to play the litigation game for a third party debt. Be that as it may BH are breaking the law bombarding you with these texts, as you have done everything yo can to get them to stop .

BN you told them to go away or did you use much more forceful language?

BH seem to be having many more complaints now. Side note the cost of civil litigation is going up too. Can BH afford this?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

DB serious issues as BH processing chalmers1967 data completely unlawfully, as in chalmers is not a even customer, BH have been advised as such, so are now way into the doo doo. Details sent as complaint to to ICO? The texts are daily, and are asking for payments or OP to contact stor |I think.

It has gone way beyond Jason, he can do diddly, no customer reference to check probs.

Question for Chalmers, have you bought a new phone with a new number recently?

Reason I ask is that mobile operators recycle numbers, and it is possible that the number once belonged to a BH customer, so you are being harassed for their debt. True story, I was given a new work phone, first call I had was from Rossendales Collect for a woman's debt, who just happened to have the number before I did, to their credit Dossers ceased and desisted after another couple of calls when I told them to go away and that they could track me down through Head Office if they wanted to play the litigation game for a third party debt. Be that as it may BH are breaking the law bombarding you with these texts, as you have done everything yo can to get them to stop .

Believe me i am no lover of this kind of organisation, but i still have difficulty getting my head arround the reasons for this complaint .

Does what is essentially a wrong number constitute processing Data ?

Is there more to this that i am not seeing perhaps?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Recycled numbers are a nuisance on the system. Also do BH actually check the numbers are the customers? Not only that it's almost as cheap to send a letter. That way they would get the right person they are trying to contact.

BN you told them to go away or did you use much more forceful language?

BH seem to be having many more complaints now. Side note the cost of civil litigation is going up too. Can BH afford this?

They asked for the woman, I told them who I was and that this was a new work phone, they argued a bit, so I terminated the call, they rang back I told them the company name, and my first name, and told them to chase me through head office if they thought I was liable for this debt. They called once more, and I told them to do one. that was the last I heard.

@DB "Believe me i am no lover of this kind of organisation, but i still have difficulty getting my head arround the reasons for this complaint .

Does what is essentially a wrong number constitute processing Data ?

Is there more to this that i am not seeing perhaps?"

I feel that it does constitute Data Processing once they know number belongs to third party not a customer, and they have been informed of such.

My reply to MM above should indicate why the OP is complaining, and this is more common than you imagine with the way mobile operators recycle numbers especially on PAYG. I would have taken m,ore direct action as a filmmaker I would have been at my local BH with a camera to and a colleague to interview the management and ask them to find my non existent customer details, along with a complaint to Head Office.