credit file tidying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to tidy my credit files up. I had money trouble 4/5 years ago. I have been sensible since then.

I was wondering if anyone can help me:

1. Lowell etc are searching my files like mad. Does this affect my credit score?

2. If I have ignored an account and it went into default, does it fall off my file 6 years after the default or is it longer?

3. If there are credit accounts that I don't recognise do I do a data request (the £10 thing) or is it a SAR (I am not sure what the difference is)?

Thanks in advance.

some of yr background re lowell? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?446458-Lowell-adding-their-own-accounts-to-my-credit-files

yes, a legitimate default lasts for 6 yrs

some brief info re cra eg http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?445777-Online-Credit-Reports

what a/c's dont you recognise. wld hold off from doing requests on those atm. lets see what they are about first.

IMO

:-):rant:

1 ) No these are personal searches i believe... So you and them will only see them (Aswell as CRA)

2 ) Yes 6 years from default date.

3 ) SAR is £10 PO request for personal info.

However please tell us more about the accounts. Maybe we can help.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you Ford and FKO.

I have accounts for gothia, Myjar, kapama and redcastle. I really don't know what these are.

There is also an account that I have with Lowell for an old store card. The balance was about £500, they started CC proceedings last year and I defended it and they pulled out before a hearing. They have updated the balance of the debt to £900 (as if they had won their court fees!).

I thought I had read somewhere that there is a request for information that you send £1 off to get, but I could be confused.

I will have a look at those links you have posted now.

Thanks

Gothia is a DCA

MYJAR a PDL Firm

KApama are ex Minicredit - PDL Firm

Redcastle are part of Gothia...

As for those charges from Lowell, they shouldnt be applied if they pulled out and you cant be held responsible. One step at a time though.

When you check Clearscore and Noddle, what does it say for each account?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Gothia is a DCA

MYJAR a PDL Firm

KApama are ex Minicredit - PDL Firm

Redcastle are part of Gothia...

As for those charges from Lowell, they shouldnt be applied if they pulled out and you cant be held responsible. One step at a time though.

When you check Clearscore and Noddle, what does it say for each account?

Thanks. For Lowell it says on Clearscore and Noddle the same thing, just a default and that the start balance is £615 (current balance is £984).

I was thinking of looking into trying to claim back some PDL interest. I went through a period of having lots and lots of them trying to stay afloat before I just couldn't handle the debt anymore.