Ofgem investigation of BES costs them almost £1M for serious failings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As many sufferers of the BES practice and the investigation by Ofgem, they published a report yesterday.(18/ 12/ 2015)

We investigated whether BES Commercial Electricity Ltd and Business Energy Solutions Ltd (together referred to as "BES") complied with the requirements of Standard Licence Conditions (SLCs) 7A, 7B, 7 and 14 of their gas and electricity supply licences and with Regulations 4 and 5 of the Gas and Electricity (Consumer Complaints Handling Standards) Regulations 2008 (the CHSRs).

The Authority found that BES breached the following relevant conditions and requirements:

http://tinyurl.com/qcabj4j

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The Authority decided to impose a financial penalty of £2 on BES (£1 on each licensee) for these contraventions.

Thumbs up from me....

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I feel that BES should have had to pay for the Ofgem investigation, Had they obeyed the rules in the first place instead of misleading customers, the investigation would not have been needed.

OK, they have to pay compensation to customers and the donation but Ofgem will see nothing of that apart from £2. It should have been 200K to make it up to a round £1m

Last year, BES were allowed a right to reply and they openly stated that they treated customers fairly. This has now been shown as a falsehood.BES supplied the sales scripts to the brokers it used so must have known they were misleading.

You also have to ask, is Andy Pilley a fit and proper person to be chairman of Fleetwood Town football club?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE