Penalty Charge Notice for entering and stopping in yellow box junction when prohibited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please I need some help.

I have been issued a PCN (penalty Charge Notice) from Merton council - 31J - entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited.

It took place: London Road/Armfield Crescent (box junction) in Mitcham.

When I arrived at the yellow box junction, it was empty and the traffic at the exit was moving. I proceeded to move inside the box and just as I approached the exit, the car in front stopped suddenly due to traffic ahead of it.

I phoned up the authorities to ask them to send the video evidence on DVD to my home address. They said they do not do that but offered me to come and view the evidence at their offices. Therefore I went to the offices to view.

I have viewed the video evidence and it showed that as I entered the empty junction box, the traffic ahead was moving. It was only when I was approaching the exit, that the car in front stopped suddenly, thus forcing me to stop in the box. My front tyres were out of the box but my rear tyres were in the box. I had stooped for approximately 13 seconds in the box and my brake lights were on as were the brake lights of the car in front.

I did notice that there was a bus lane to the left of the junction box and cars were driving in there. The incident happened around 3.00pm so I presume the bus lane was not in force at that time.

I have to pay by the 20th December to get the reduced rate of £65.

Do I have grounds to appeal? If so for what reasons? How do I draft my appeals letter?

I would be most grateful for any help or advice.

Thank you very much

as there is video evidence it was moving

you should be ok

have a read of these like threads

see what others did to 'win'

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=yelloew+box&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=yelloew%20box&gsc.page=1

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dealt with one of these recently

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?446577-Croydon-Penalty-Charge-Notice-Appeal-Won

Read it, it was from Croydon CC

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Exactly what Thedabara said, technically only one car in the same lane can be in the box at one time, or you must wait for them to exit and there is enough space for you to exit before you enter it, not that anyone actually does.

Exactly what Thedabara said, technically only one car in the same lane can be in the box at one time, or you must wait for them to exit and there is enough space for you to exit before you enter it, not that anyone actually does.

Sometimes it is difficult when traffic is really busy… I creep across really slowly when I see the traffic start to move… as long as you are not stationary, you have not broken the law...