Help with faulse allegations to housing association

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trying to get a bit of advice for my step daughter, as with most teen tenants they can be a bit noisy at times and she had some justified complaints made against her, she has listened and turned things around and now has stopped the noise however the complaints keep on coming, the last one came today in writing stating on the 1st of December there was people urinating on cars in the communal car park and that she was verbally abusive towards another tenant, My step daughter was not at her flat all day having stayed over a friends the night before and I myself picked her up at around 5pm I had with me her mother, sister and brothers in the car, and we didn't leave her flat until around 10pm (helping her with a bit of decorating)

she has spoken to Gwalia housing about the issue but the person basically got very abrupt and said I don't believe a word you say I believe the complainant (she had the phone on loud speaker so I could here), she informed them she had family members over on the evening in question and he in a round about way blamed them (us) for urinating on the cars in the car park! She told them she was not there during the day and he tried to say it was her friends then, she has asked for in depth information (time's etc) as the allegation was false but he said he was not at liberty to disclose the information, she has had a spare key disappear which she has reported to Gwalia and offer to pay for her locks changing over 2 weeks ago which they agreed to do but as of yet have not done so, so even when she is out her flat is not technically secure so if someone lets them self in and makes a racket would she still be responsible for the complaint as Gwalia says she would be?

This is a worry now as she had a warning letter last month and could now loose the flat, as I stated yes she was noisy at first but has now turned things around and is just trying to get on with her life but the officer at Gwalia seems to not want to help and is just interested in getting her out.

Edited by citizenB

What do you mean the cards maxed out!!!!!

Perhaps a polite letter to the Housing association advising that this complaint is malicious - that your daughter can prove that she was not present when the incident had taken place.

I don't see how the person your daughter spoke to can simply claim that if it wasn't her, then it MUST have been her friends ?

She really needs to get that key issue sorted though - However, I think it might be a bit difficult to deny any responsibility if it is a friend who has taken the key and would they really enter the flat, make a lot of noise then leave ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

This is shocking behavior for that housing association especially that housing officer that stated they believe the complainant without a full investigation into the facts so one sided and wrong.

For a start DO NOT speak to these people on the phone unless you can record the conversation, put everything in writing, keep copies and get free proof of posting from the post office, you need to keep a good paper trail.

There has been a complaint made against you by a neighbour so the housing association do have to investigate that complaint and the key word is investigate not be one sided so due to what has happened you

need to Formally respond to that complaint in WRITING ONLY as you want a written response from them.

In the letter I would request a face to face meeting with the Head of the Tenancy Management Team due to the recent complaint and the unsubstantiated allegation by the housing association without a proper investigation. (take a witness with you and insist the meeting is recorded and your are to get a copy of what is agreed in writing)

To that end you require copies of the following documents:

1. Complaint Procedure.

2. Clarification as to why the Housing Association has been using a Draft Comments, Compliments and Complaints Policy, Version: Review Draft November 2013, when and who approved this policy document and a copy of the Actual Finalized Version of this document.

3. Customer Care Standards.

4. Anti-Social Behaviour Policy.

5. Staff Code of Conduct Policy

Now something interesting I have picked up on to do with Gwalia housing and there Comments, Compliments & Complaints Policy:

https://www.gwalia.wales/compliments-complaints

If you download it and look at the title and specifically the version:

Comments, Compliments and Complaints Policy

Version: Review Draft November 2013

Review Date: December 2015

So they are using according to that document a DRAFT Policy since November 2013 due review in November 2015 that has been approved by who?

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The HA may have in their residents guide or tenancy T&C's that the residing tenant is fully responsible for their visitors actions. If so then they can use this to their advantage. Could you please check this?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.