Warm Home Discount: Claim now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a lot of customers calling regularly to get registered for the WHD, they seem to be under the impression we're causing the delay but the DWP are really taking their time over it. Applications were open this time last year, looking like a few more weeks I'd say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a lot of customers calling regularly to get registered for the WHD, they seem to be under the impression we're causing the delay but the DWP are really taking their time over it. Applications were open this time last year, looking like a few more weeks I'd say.

Thanks azzadle. Understand what you mean. Still waiting and I'm out of the office now for 10 days. Helena will be here, though, if anyone has any concerns.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing to report from me either azzadle. Looks like we're waiting on the Government for details of the 2016/17 scheme. As above, our customers can still register their interest either through our website or over the phone. Once known, we'll write to customers to let them know. An update will be put on our website too. This thread is also in my diary so I'll post something on here too.

Thanks for your patience.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update all. It appears we're still waiting on the Government for details of the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount scheme. We were hoping to have these by the end of this month but it's looking more like the end of summer now. As above, we'll put details on our website once we're able. I'll also keep updating this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Malc

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all. Another update on the Warm Home Discount scheme for 2016/17.

As the Warm Home Discount scheme has been delayed this year, we're contacting customers who received the payment in the last two years (Year 4 - 2014/15 and Year 5 - 2015/16) inviting them to register their interest either online or by calling us. Once the scheme opens, only the customers who've registered will receive an application form. Letters and emails started to go out earlier this week.

This is different from the way we've done things in previous years. As this year's scheme has been delayed and demand is expected to be high, we won't automatically send out applications to those who've applied in previous years. Once registered, we'll keep customers updated but those who don't sign up won't receive an application form and might miss out. For those who fall in the Broader Group, we can only offer the discount to a limited number on a first come first served basis. So, to have a better chance, it's best to register as soon as possible.

Don't worry if you've already registered for 2016/17. Provided your circumstances haven't changed, there's no need to register again. Any doubt, though, register again. Better to do a 'belt and braces' job than miss out.

Hope this helps. I'll continue to update this thread as I receive more information.

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks azzadle and nottslad.

As you say, our Warm Home Discount scheme is now open. It opened yesterday, 1 August 16. Customers will now be able to apply under the Broader Group for the payment of £140 for 2016/17. Payments will be made by 31 May 17. We’ll start to contact customers who’ve already registered their interest from this week. We’ll send them either an application form or email a link to our online application form.

Applications for the Broader Group are dealt with on a first come first served basis so best to send in applications as soon as possible. As in previous years, once we’ve reached a certain number, we’ll close this year’s Broader Group scheme. It’ll help if anyone applying can include their electricity account number.

Core Group customers, usually those who receive the guarantee element of Pension Credit, don’t need to apply. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will let us know who to pay the discount to.

These customers will receive a letter from the DWP and the payment will automatically be made. DWP letters will start going out from September 16.

There’s more information about our Warm Home Discount scheme, including what’s needed to qualify, on our website.

Hope this is of interest and thanks again for posting both. Please let me know if you or anyone else needs any more details as happy to help.

Malc

Many thanks for that conformation and update Malc.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

British Gas are now also accepting applications for the Warm Home discount, it's £140.

I applied myself this afternoon. The forms very easy to fill in & send online. Link below.

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/gas-and-electricity/the-warm-home-discount.html

Edited by Andyorch
Fixed link

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I am still at a loss why single people on income based JSA and no other benifits do not count for a warm home discount and yet penny for penny have the lowest income and have to absorb all the costs for heating a room as opposed to couples.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok just to clarify a wee bit as some suppliers are still waiting to confirm there scheme and some users have mentioned there provider has nothing yet.

Here is the House of Commons Library Briefing Paper - The Warm Home Discount Scheme published 5th May 2016 link:

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN05956

(You can download the PDF near the bottom of the page)

Now the Supplier Guidance for the Scheme is dealt with by Ofgem and at present the Guidance for Supplier is only in Draft Format as Ofgems consultation with Suppliers only closed on 10th August 2016.

See this Ofgem link: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/warm-home-discount-whd-guidance-suppliers-draft-version-5-0

This is why some Energy Suppliers are waiting to confirm the scheme as the Guidance from Ofgem has not been finalised yet.

It still doesn't stop you contacting your Energy Supplier and asking about the scheme, they may send the forms, put you on a list when scheme confirmed to send forms automatically to you, so keep checking.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Core Group customers, usually those who receive the guarantee element of Pension Credit, don’t need to apply. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will let us know who to pay the discount to.

These customers will receive a letter from the DWP and the payment will automatically be made. DWP letters will start going out from September 16.

Afternoon all and further to my post of 2 August 16 (#36) above. I've just been advised, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will write to Core Group customers from mid-October 16. For customers in the Broader Group, the information I posted in August still applies.

Hope this information is useful.

Malc

• Haha 1

I am still at a loss why single people on income based JSA and no other benifits do not count for a warm home discount and yet penny for penny have the lowest income and have to absorb all the costs for heating a room as opposed to couples.

I don't know why, but I agree it's something that should be available... I'm on ESA after being switched to it from IB a few years ago, and because it's ESA with the sickness side... I do qualify... I've also not had an increase in the ESA since 2013 because it's higher than the ESA standard rate.... the fact that i incur extra costs due to my health issues is my problem not theirs... But at least I now qualify for free prescriptions, before I didn't unless I applied for a H2, and that saves me around £40 a month... So it balances out. My LHA is also a little better because ESA has been static whilst LHA has increased, meaning the amount I pay towards has gone down a little... whilst the amount I pay towards CT has doubled... End result, I'm far worse of now than I was 3yrs ago.

EDF still state sometime in September asked again yesterday so they are behind the others posted.

EDF is now live as of the 29th Sept... Get your claims in.

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all.

As promised, thought I'd let you know, we've started making Warm Home Discount payments for 2016/17. These started on 17 October 16 and are under the Broader Group. We're aiming to make all Broader Group payments by 31 May 17. We'll confirm once the payment has been made.

Core Group customers have started to receive letters from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). These began on Thursday, 13 October 16 and explain what will happen. It's important customers follow any instructions in these letters to make sure they receive the payment.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and, as promised, an update on our Warm Home Discount scheme for 2016/17.

We're looking to close the scheme to new applications under the Broader Group on or around 2 December 16. After this Friday, 18 November 16, we'll no longer be sending paper applications. Online applications will continue until the above time. With the Broader Group, applications are dealt with on a first come first served basis. This might mean not all customers are successful even if they apply before 2 December 16 should our limit have been passed by the time we receive the application. If anyone thinks they're eligible but hasn't applied yet, I'd encourage them to do so now. As above, there's more information including an application form on our website.

All payments to successful applicants will be made by 31 May 17.

Hope this is useful.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Morning everyone and, as promised, a further update on the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount scheme.

It's just to confirm my post above (#48). We're closing the 2016/17 scheme at 5pm today, 2 December 16. Customers won't be able to apply to us after this time.

The majority of customers are likely to receive their payment within 3 months of receiving their successful application letter. The last payments are due to be made by 31 May 2017.

Customers can register their interest for next year's scheme (2017/18) on our website once the current scheme has closed.

Hope this is of use.

Malc

Many thanks for the update Malc...lets hope everyone that need to register have done in time.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread