Husband sends his own letter using solicitor for divorce:

Zinia21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sorry to bother here. I am new to here and I need urgent advice regarding a letter sent by my husband. Can someone kindly help me to start a new thread as follows:

Husband send letter using solicitor for his intention to divorce:

Hi I am a girl of 23 years old from Bangladesh. Five months ago I got married to a guy who is a student in London, UK but Bangladeshi national.

He is on student visa in UK. The marriage was arranged by my family and my husband family. We have talked and seen several times before marriage and he was very nice to me. In one point of marriage arrangement process his family asked for huge money (£11,000 equivalent to BDT 14,000,000) from my family to get married.

At that point I refused to get married to him. However then my husband called me and told me he never asked me for money and his family was mistaken and he started talking me sweet and nice. I fall in trap of him and agreed to get married. We then got married with a huge function at Dhaka.

I then stayed with him few days and he then left Bangladesh to come to London. After he came to London he was okay with me for few days. However then I found he started contacting me less. At this point his brother in law demanding money from my family again for £11,000 ( BDT 14,000.00).

However my family could not afford to pay the money. At that point his sister was getting married and they started asking us money for her everyday, my parents borrowed money from one our family friend for £1,500 (BDT 2,000,000) and paid to them. However they still asking money from me. At that time I was almost suicidal and however with my family support i was okay. My husband was keeping in touch with me at that time but only once a week or once in 2weeks and he always started arguing with me for everything.

He started saying that I am not smart etc. etc. and started mentally torturing me. Last month I uploaded our wedding picture in my facebook and then he become very rude to me and said that he will divorce me if I do not take off the picture from facebook. I then got totally shocked and cried. As I was scared I took off the picture. After that my husband and his family started abusing me saying that I am not smart enough etc to be his wife while he married me after seeing me everything.

Please note I am smart and graduate from well known university in Bangladesh. Anyway his brother in law never stopped demanding money and we could not provide them money as we do not have that much money. My husband then almost stopped calling me and he only used to call me if I ever call him.

I think he only used to pick the call to find if money has been arranged. Now yesterday I received a letter written by my husband which was sent by a London solicitor.

He wrote ' I write to inform you that our relationship as wife is formally terminated. The reason he has given saying that he has no love for me and also he says that I hide my past history to him. Please note I was married once 7 years ago which I got divorced 7 years ago.

My husband and his family knew all these very well and we have told them everything before we got married. Now I can see that they are denying everything. As he has sent me a this letter, can you kindly advise what should I do now, please?

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Hi

I am a girl of 23 years old from Bangladesh.

Five months ago I got married to a guy who is a student in London, UK but Bangladeshi national.

He is on student visa in UK.

The marriage was arranged by my family and my husband family.

We have talked and seen several times before marriage and he was very nice to me.

In one point of marriage arrangement process his family asked for huge money (£11,000 equivalent to BDT 14,000,000) from my family to get married.

At that point I refused to get married to him.

However then my husband called me and told me he never asked me for money and his family was mistaken

and he started talking me sweet and nice.

I fall in trap of him and agreed to get married.

We then got married with a huge function at Dhaka.

I then stayed with him few days and he then left Bangladesh to come to London.

After he came to London he was okay with me for few days.

However then I found he started contacting me less.

At this point his brother in law demanding money from my family again for £11,000 ( BDT 14,000.00).

However my family could not afford to pay the money.

At that point his sister was getting married and they started asking us money for her everyday,

my parents borrowed money from one our family friend for £1,500 (BDT 2,000,000) and paid to them.

However they still asking money from me.

At that time I was almost suicidal and however with my family support i was okay.

My husband was keeping in touch with me at that time but only once a week or once in 2week

s and he always started arguing with me for everything.

He started saying that I am not smart etc. etc. and started mentally torturing me.

Last month I uploaded our wedding picture in my facebook and then he become very rude to me

and said that he will divorce me if I do not take off the picture from facebook.

I then got totally shocked and cried. As I was scared I took off the picture.

After that my husband and his family started abusing me saying that I am not smart enough etc

to be his wife while he married me after seeing me everything.

Please note I am smart and graduate from well known university in Bangladesh

. Anyway his brother in law never stopped demanding money and we could not provide them mone

y as we do not have that much money.

My husband then almost stopped calling me and he only used to call me if I ever call him.

I think he only used to pick the call to find if money has been arranged.

Now yesterday I received a letter written by my husband which was sent by a London solicitor.

He wrote ' I write to inform you that our relationship as wife is formally terminated.

The reason he has given saying that he has no love for me and also he says that I hide my past history to him.

Please note I was married once 7 years ago which I got divorced 7 years ago.

My husband and his family knew all these very well and we have told them everything before we got married

. Now I can see that they are denying everything.

As my husband has now sent me this letter,

can you kindly advise what should I do now,

please?

I don't think he would be able to divorce you so easily simply by sending a Solicitor's Letter.

There are plenty of Help Groups for Abused women - not just physical but mental abuse as well. They would also be able to help you with legal advice of your own. I have popped one such organisation below for you.

http://www.refuge.org.uk/

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

With no disrespect intended.

You and your husband are both Bangladeshi and were married in Bangladesh ?

Are you still living in Bangladesh?

I suppose the next question would be, were you married under Muslim law because if so , and you are not living together I suspect that this repudiation of marriage by your husband may well be legal. If you had been married in the UK it would not be sufficient

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi, we both are Bangladeshi national and we were married in Bangladesh. I am still living in Bangladesh. My husband send me letter using a UK solicitor as he lives in UK. By the by even in Bangaldesh law does not allow divorce this way as advised by Bangladeshi lawyer. However he is now residing in UK, hence he does come under UK law. I am sure someone sitting in England cannot abuse a woman outside England and he should be coming under English law. I need all of your kind advice what should I do in reply to his letter that I can sent to his UK solicitor and what action I should take against him, please.

Edited by Zinia21

Hi, we both are Bangladeshi national and we were married in Bangladesh. I am still living in Bangladesh. My husband send me letter using a UK solicitor as he lives in UK. By the by even in Bangaldesh law does not allow divorce this way as advised by Bangladeshi lawyer. However he is now residing in UK, hence he does come under UK law. I am sure someone sitting in England cannot abuse a woman outside England and he should be coming under English law. I need all of your kind advice what should I do in reply to his letter that I can sent to his UK solicitor and what action I should take against him, please.

Just ignore him and any demands. Your marriage is not yet recognised in England and therefore English courts would not be responsible. Just because he lives in England does not mean he can start divorce proceedings in England.

Someone i know married outside of England under a different system. For the marriage to be recognised in England, they had to have another marriage ceremony in England.

If you are subject to any threats in Bangladesh from his family, you need to seek local help. This site is based in England and we cannot offer advice on Bangladesh systems of law.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This link maybe of use to you. Get in contact with the organisation to discuss your predicament.

http://www.bscentre.org.uk/BSCentre.pdf

https://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/contacts/categories/community-and-living/black-and-ethnic-minorities/contacts-for-bangladeshi-people/

http://www.sharan.org.uk/UsefulLinks.aspx

http://bdwf.org/

I wish you a happy new future, hope it doesn't take too long to get rid and be free.