Assault - harassment/injury/trauma/distress/alarm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last month a work man from my Housing association repair agent hit my door hard to cause injury to my shoulder. He saw that I was disabled. I did not let him into my flat as I did complain about his previous conduct and was told that he will not return.

He has left me with a nervous disposition and injury. I live in fear and hightened anxiety.

My housing asociation has not bothered to write or call to apologise for what happened to me

My damaged keys as a result has not being repaired

Also, I cannot live peacefully in my home owing to very loud drilling noise by their builders.

I was not informed in advance of these works which has been going on since summer

I asked them before to let me know how long thwe works will go on for so that I can make arrangements to remove myself from my home is I am disabled

These has been ignored

It feels as if they do not care really

I have no relationship with my housing officer

What do I do

Can I take them to court?

I gather that Housing Act 1988 and under duty of care to tenants landlord should inform tenants in advance of any work that will go on for months and would result in very loud drilling causing anuisance to their tenants

Does anyone know about these and social housing landlord and their duty to thier tenants?

Many thanks indeed

You really need someone to act as an advocate for you locally to address the situation. Suggest that you take this up with your local council authority and MP to see what they can do. Perhaps your local MP can write to the Housing Association. The council may have officers who look into issues affecting those with disabilities and they may be able to visit you to check on the issues you face.

You don't want to go down the court route, as you are expected to have exhausted all other avenues before involving the courts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

What you need to do is make a Formal Complaint in writing and title it as such as you need to follow the Housing Associations Complaints Procedure and exhaust that procedure and if you are still not happy you can then proceed to the Housing Ombudsman (you must exhaust the Housing Association Complaints Procedure first).

Housing Ombudsman Link: http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

Now in your Formal Complaint letter add the following as well:

I also require copies of the following documents

1. Complaints Policy.

2. Equality Policy.

3. Customer Care Policy.

4. Repairs & Maintenance Policy

5. Staff Code of Conduct Policy.

6. Unacceptable Behavior Policy.

Important keep copies of your letter (you want to keep a good paper trail) and also get free proof of posting from the post office

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Dear unclebulgaria67

Apologies for the delayed response to your kind message

I have done so but to no avail

I have not had much luck with my MP's office in the past as they donot seem to care in particular the case worker

This waas why I asked if anyone had other ideas

I remain very grateful

Dear Team

I have complained to the association and thought in line with the landlord duty of care to tenants, they would be doing all they can to sort starting with a simple apolofy letter re my trauma and inspection of site to see what repairs should happen, etc

I have had nothing

I am also still enduring very noisy meric drilling work since June 2015 and no one told me before it started even though they are aware of my disability and when it will end despite various request

It feels as if no one cares

Carrying a shoulder injury as well is still a shock that this could happen to anyone never mind a disabled person!

Has the local authority stated when they expect the works to be compleated.

What works are being done??

Though i sympathise this temporary disruption to your standard of living is unpleasant, they may not have a choice in the matter such as installing double glazing or central heating into the flats

Hi Roseperrywinkle

I understand you say you complained to the Housing Association but they have so far failed to respond.

Your next course of action is as I previously said you still need to follow this up as a Formal Complaint in writing to the Housing Association (get free proof of posting from post office) and remind them of your previous complaint which to date you are still waiting on a response to and also add what I put in post#3 above

I cant say it enough you need to fully exhaust the housing association complaints procedure before proceeding to the Housing Ombudsman as at present from what you state they still havent responded so you need to chase the complaint up.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Apologies for the delayed response as I have been unwell

I have sent another reminder to their complaint team via email and all to no avail

So what I will do is print out all that I sent via email and send hardcopy to the executive office

I have done so in previous complaint and all they do is pas this along even though i sand I was escalating my complaint

It is beyond me to believe that landlods under the guise of social landlord can do this