style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all once again, have a small problem with an eviction. I am with Amber home loans, have a self build mortgage on another property.

Keeping it short I had an accident a few years ago that left me unable to work. In January run out of money and could not pay the mortgage. Struggled to find work again etc as injuries restricted me. Anyway bury head, get repossessed then ring Amber. Told eviction date of July 30th.

I owe about 3800, paid them a 1000 up front, told them an interim from my accident was due in a couple of weeks which would clear arrears, they asked for bank statements, proof of work ( I am self employed) proof that the 100 pounds had been paid out of my account (just paid them on my debit card ? ) and then they might be able to do something to stop the eviction.

The best bit was that they wanted all this the next day !!!!!

What are my options now ?

Thank you all

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Brief run down, car accident could not work, have paid mortgage out of savings for 3 years, got into trouble this year and had house repossessed, duly evicted during talks with building society along the lines of " settle your arrears and we can talk" my reply was, guarantee me I keep house then I will look at arrears, no reply.

Anyway house has gone, was sold within 4 weeks of repossession, last valuation was 185,00 a year ago, they sold at £125,00 !!!! I feel this was undersold but can I do anything as I now have shortfall of £47,000 with mortgage, charges, solicitors fees etc.

Thanks for any help/advice

• 7 months later...

Hi all, hope somebody can give me advice.

Short history is borrowed money to build a house, had serious car accident could not finish house, not much left to do but physically not able. Paid mortgage for 3 years, money got tight and compensation claim still ongoing. Tried to pay arrears but house repossessed while still in discussions.

When taken to court over £50,000 shortfall put in counterclaim and defence. And word of advice here, used electronic court system they said my defence was late, still have automated response emails but not enough apparently as they did not receive my defence ccj was issued.

Sent Amber letter to say I did not agree they got me best possible price and would need it looking into. Received letter 3 weeks ago saying they would look into and get back to me within 8 weeks. letter from court this morning that they now have a charge on my own house ???

Question is there anything I can do now ?

Thanks everyone

• 2 weeks later...

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Pleased to hear it. Were you aware that they'd applied for a CO?

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You may find some info here that might help. See if things have been done properly, which I'm guessing they haven't as you didn't know about it!! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?203298

What's Best for You?

This is why I like this forum, thank you once again. I will look into all of this later today. I was more upset that I was in discussion when they repossessed. The house was worth more than they sold, as a sub prime lender they gave money away and now they have taken me for an amount that is unreasonable. And they stopped lending money in 2008 as they had caught a cold.

Is tthis Mortgage Express?

What's Best for You?

Well you weren't the only one to do that.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress or if you want any help. :-)

What's Best for You?

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Quick run down of facts.

Mortgage from Amber Home Loans to build new house,

car accident

loss of work

no understanding from Amber

repossessed sold under market value

left with shortfall of £ 50,000.

Land registry would not hold off putting charge on my house until Ombudsman investigated.

Kensington whom I have mortgage on the house I live in are refusing arrears payment of total £ 1,586.39

until I provide proof of income, 3 months bank statement, income expenditure, proof of where finance is coming from.

Have sent cheque for full amount as they refuse debit card over phone.

Letter received they will not stop court action until they receive information asked for.

Informed them that while I am willing to pay arrears or come to arrangement they are obliged to withhold court action.

Now I know that Skipton is the main company and these two companies are part of that group.

It seems to me that they are hoping to repossess so that they can then get both sets of monies from my property.

as I now have compensation from my accident

I am suspicious that they want my details and bank account to see if my finances are enough to clear debts

or as a lever to claim shortfall on other property.

I do have enough to pay mortgage on this property but did not want to go down that road

as I need money to rebuild my business after several years being unable to work.

I am willing to fight these people and go to court if I have to,

but this is where I need your help and advice as to how to take on the big boys

and any information regarding either of these companies.

Thankyou

Hi Phase 1

Its becoming quite common now for the financial industry to question funds of large quantities and source.....(money laundering?)

I would simply reply that you have received accident compensation and you are not at liberty to divulge your personal income and expenditure details.Make it clear that their refusal of payment will be brought to the courts attention should they wish to instigate litigation which you would vigorously defend and request costs should they attempt.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Phase 1

Its becoming quite common now for the financial industry to question funds of large quantities and source.....(money laundering?)

I would simply reply that you have received accident compensation and you are not at liberty to divulge your personal income and expenditure details.Make it clear that their refusal of payment will be brought to the courts attention should they wish to instigate litigation which you would vigorously defend and request costs should they attempt.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy I will reply with this information. Going to court does not phase me and I will face them if I have to. They will end up with egg on there faces as I will glean as much information about them as I can !

Should their refusal to accept this payment mean that you incur further charges/administration fees, you should dispute them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...

Hi all

have sent an SAR request nearly 16 weeks ago to Amber and they have not replied.

They obtained a charge on my property last year even after disputing the shortfall and a complaint to the financial ombudsman.

After reading they have been taken to court for overcharging and were fined

I want to see what charges have been put onto my acount.

Where do I go from here ?

is a non compliance letter the next step ?

They have been trying to ring me every other day since the charge was put on the property

but I refuse to deal with them until I get this information.

Any help appreciated thanks.