Advice needed on speeding ticket approaching the 6 month deadline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im just after some advice on a speeding ticket.

The offence is from 16/04/15 it took 2 months to come through as I had accidently delayed in changing my address on vehicle when i moved, so I know I cant quote the 14 day rule to them.

At the time i said i thought it wasnt me as i had sold the vehicle, after a delay I got a letter back saying the photo looks like me. I then asked to see a copy of the photo which i admit does look like it me but im still unsure as the picture not clear. It probably is me though.

However, todays date is 15/10/2015 meaning tomorrow the offence will be 6 months old. Ive read that the police have 6 months from offence to prosecute.

What is best course of action? Should I just write back and point out something along the lines that im still unsure weather its me driving but the 6 month deadline has now passed to prosecute whoever the driver is?

where have you read that?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The speeding offence will time out after 6 months from that offence. For the s.172 offence, the 6 months will be from the time of that offence, which will be from the date when the nomination is required to be supplied. In the OP's case it would be the 2 months after the original offence, plus the days given on the s.172 form to reply (usually 28). So about another 3 months.