Metro Centre UKPC Parking Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

A few days or so ago I received a £60 parking charge while parked at the Metro Centre, Gateshead.

The charge will be reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days.

The ticket was received due to parking in a disabled bay apparently with no blue badge visible.

My girlfriend is actually registered disabled due to arthritis and has a blue badge which we always use and we visit the Metro Centre approximately 4 or 5 days a week.

On this occasion our 5 week old baby was restless and we quickly parked up in order to see to her needs inside.

I`m not sure if I left out the badge or not, but when we returned back to the car we had a parking ticket, but the badge was on the floor, again not sure if I left it out on a hurry and it fell off the dash or not.

As previously mentioned, the ticket was for £60 or reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days.

Having looked on their website the pictures do show our car although I must admit the quality of the images are really crap. They have a pic of the signage which again is crap, blurred and pixalated.

As most of you will probably know, the car park is owned by Metro Centre and offers free parking.

I would like to challenge this so I would appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance.

Hi armadillo71,

Thanks for the response.

So, what is NTK to be exact, and what if something DOES come through.

I`ve just had a quick look at those links but who will that affect us as we have a ticket for not showing a blue badge, which was on the floor?

Thanks again

Do I also understand they are not authorised to issue tickets?

Edited by NP69
Missed a bit

Notice to Keeper. The parking company, if it wishes to use the provisions of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 has to send this to you to arrive between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event that caused the notice to driver (windscreen ticket) to be issued.

When you receive this NTK it has to contain a certain amount of information regarding the event and who the creditor is and say that they are seeking keeper liability onder the PoFA. If it isnt compliant with the requirements then there is no keeper liability and they have to chase the driver at the time. As they have no idea who this is and the keeper is not obliged to tell them they are stuffed. If the NTK is compliant then you can appeal the claim by telling them that the car was occupied or used by a disabled pearson as defined by the Equalities Act and that a blue badge was inside the vehicle at the time so you expect them to cancel their demand or prvide a copy of their Equalities statement wshowing where they have made the necessary adjustmenst in their parctices to take the disability of the car user into account before issuing their demand. If they refuse the appeal they should give you the details of how to appeal to an independent adjudicator