Three UK - Charged Early Termination Fee

Incontro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

So I had a 30-day phone contract with Three (£13/month). On 12/09/15, I called them up, notified them that I wished to cancel my contract, and requested a PAC code. A few hours after the phone call, I used the PAC code with Vodafone. I was told by the person on the phone that I would be charged roughly £1.30, for a pro-rata rate.

Today, I discovered that there is a pending payment for £13.00 in my online banking (for the date 28/09/15). I called up and asked why - Three claimed it was an 'Early Termination Fee', since I did not serve my 30 days notice properly. They also said something along the lines of I used my PAC code before the contract was up???

Could anyone more familiar with this things please explain if this is correct? If I have been incorrectly/unfairly charged, I would like to dispute it.

Many thanks CAGers.

Threes customer service has been the worst for quite sometime.

Anyhow.

If you are sure you gave your notice correctly, then open a complaint request.

david.dyson@three.co.uk

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi everyone. Apologies for the late reply, life has been a little hectic recently.

My initial post may have sounded confusing, so here is a scan of the bill I received - I hope this helps/is more clear.

Any thoughts?

http://s13.postimg.org/9yina75c7/bill_part_1.png

http://s13.postimg.org/ntgxsnzrb/bill_part_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that this thread didn't move along much, but as an update I called Three, and spoke to a supervisor. Turns out that the letter (bill) they sent me was incorrect, I paid the correct amount that I owed over the phone, and closed the account.

Afternoon

Sorry i didnt originally see your response. Well Im glad you got it resolved in the end. Any further issues you have let us know.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis