Help with Abbey Reply

shirlyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can you help me I sent abbey the standard letter on the website saying what i wanted to claim back, why and under what legislation it falls.

They replied with a 2 page letter basically saying Sorry we have given you cause to complain in relation to your charges. I regret to inform you that we cannot uphold your complaint. I have considered the points raised but they are in line with there T's & C's and it its not the first time I have got charges and I should of claimed before now.If it esclates into a county court judgement they may choose to close my account and if I'm still disstatisfied then contact the finanicial ombudsman. What do I do now?

It's their standard reply which they hope will make you go away. If you know how much you are claiming, it's time for the letter before action from the library. If you have an oustanding DPA request you will need to wait until the 40 days are up or you have the information to calculate your charges.

Do you know what your charges are?

You need to do the DPA before anything else. The template in the library is the one to use, Make sure that you enclose the £10 statutory fee and it may be better to send it recorded delivery. You will need to wait for 40 days from when they receive the fee before you go to the next stage. The will try to fob you off with the DPA, but if you have any problems, post back here.

• 3 months later...

I sent abbey the standard letter stating that I wanted to claim back £7,000

worth of charges.

They replied saying that they was unwilling to pay anything and if I presuded my account would be closed down.

I then did the data disclosure and wrote to the financial ombudsman service asking them to look into it.

I have noe received a letter from the financial obudsman saying Abbey are offering me £630.00 as a full and final settlement.

What should I do next?

You could write back to the Ombudsman saying thanks for being as useful as proverbial chocolate teapot, but without the flavour, but you'd rather get 100% of your unlawful bank charges + 8% statutory APR than the less than 10% they have offered. You could always say that if you had known it was going to take them from April to august to come up with that, you would have filed in court a long time ago, and in all likelihood, you would have had your money back by now. :mad:

Then, once you have that off your chest, you write to Abbey and tell them that you will NOT be accepting their pathetic offer, and will see them in court unless they accept BY RETURN OF POST to refund you 100%, thereby saving themselves the court fees and the 8% statutory APR. You give them till Monday to reply, then on monday, you sue their a*** off. Grrr.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks