style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you tried looking to see if the Wayback Machine has any past pages from their website which might show the different names/addresses or owners. It's a good place to research past websites

thanks for the advice. what i am curious about is that corban direct traded as direct bedroom at least a couple of years before the current direct bedroom website was created but i dont know from what web site.....its purely academic and not relevant to my current situation as the receipt shows Direct Corban UK Ltd which changed its name to The E-tail Group Ltd, still trading as Direct Bedroom

• 1 month later...

Hi, was recently advised on here that if in doubt I should issue proceedings against the directors in name of a company I am having problems with,,,,can I do that and if so how? The issue is with a company trading as direct bedroom . when we purchased from them they were called DIRECT CORBAN UK LIMITED company number 08184443. Now they have changed their name to THE E-TAIL GROUP LIMITED with the same directors etc. what I want to know is should I serv on the old company name, the new company name, the trading name or the directors in name. The company originally was called CORBAN DIRECT LIMITED with the same directors and that company was dissolved. Any advice would be appreciated

When did you purchase from this company?

I would name the Defendant as "E-Tail Group Ltd (Formerly Direct Corban UK Ltd)".

Do not name the Directors individually.

bed was purchased last year. as you can see from the history above dx100uk said "and id issue the claim against the directors in actual name" and now you say do not name the directors individually so what does "directors in actual name" mean?

I can't see a justification for suing the Directors personally.

From what I've read they haven't been fraudulent etc.

thans for qualifying that. the registered office doesn't receive mail addressed to the company either. have six failed delivery notices on royal mail recorded deliver tracking and return to sender as un deliverable. just had a look and the web site http://www.directbedroom.co.uk is down :sad:

Edited by cheagavara
typo

what name have you been using on the mail, maybe if using the old name they are refusing it. seems they just did a change of name notice in may 15 from direct corban to now the e tail group. they are still under the same co. number and incorp date. last return filed in sept 15. so, as per ganymede re name to sue?

IMO

:-):rant:

what name have you been using on the mail, maybe if using the old name they are refusing it. seems they just did a change of name notice in may 15 from direct corban to now the e tail group. they are still under the same co. number and incorp date. last return filed in sept 15. so, as per ganymede re name to sue?

on the mail I have used direct corban, E tail group and direct bedroom, nothing gets delivered

on the mail I have used direct corban, E tail group and direct bedroom, nothing gets delivered

2 crook street? (how ironic that is 'crook' :) seeing some of the reviews that come up!)

IMO

:-):rant:

2 crook street? (how ironic that is 'crook' :) seeing some of the reviews that come up!)

my thoughts exactly!

even more interesting is the lady who was once a director , Nicola Davis, who resigned started "her own " business called Next Day Furniture Ltd also cropped up at the crook street address....it has an active proposal to strike off...crook street by name what by nature we ask :wink:

was there any joy with a poss chargeback (i know it was a debit card, but still maybe was worth a try), or the manufacturer (you mentioned they were notified)?

problem wit poss charge back was we brought the bed for our son on a business card by mistake (no not a doggy expenses claim just the card that was in my wallet at the time) so not sure how we stand on that. manufacturer just says will send out replacement part again until our 12 month warranty period. its also worth noting with regards to what these people in case anyone comes across this thread whilst trying to research these people, the pervious company corban direct had a compulsory winding up in place. direct corban trading as direct bedroom at one point had a winding up order that was suspended next day furniture a company who's director, Nicola Davis served as a director and secretary at corban direct and direct corban trading as direct bedroom, also has a winding up order.......me thinks the plot thickens