Standard Life paid into wrong bank account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No need yet for the FO etc if even necessary

This matter is between yourself and standard life. You have to give them a reasonable time frame to address and give a final response to your complaint

It will help a lot to report this to the police and get a URN Number,, better known as a crime reference number

I have a feeling Standard life will not take you serious until you do

Hi SS,

You say you may call SL again. I suggest this is unwise.

You need to keep everything in writing so you have proof of all that is said.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

SL Complaint Handler has sent an acknowledgement letter to my Dad, received today, saying he is gathering details to carry out a full investigation. He also says he will contact my Dad with an update 14 working days from the date of the letter.

My Dad wasn't want to call the Police. I do, but I don't see any point if my Dad doesn't want me to.

• 1 month later...

We have since found out that said brother persuaded my dad to sign a 3rd party authorisation form, giving him legal access to all my Dad's bank accounts, even his sole one. We have now had his name removed and my LPA details are linked. The reply we had from the FA network said there was no breach of client confidentiality, which we dismiss. Therefore we need to get back to the FO today. FA's network also said the FA had his LPA on file, and that my brother had 'complete control of my Dad's finances'. WTF.

The bank suggested we get a crime ref, which we now have. This was written on a calendar in the house, so he will have seen it.

Said brother turned up last Tuesday afternoon, out of the blue, from USA, recording us on his phone in secret. He had his phone in his shirt pocket when he walked in and didn't tell us he was recording us, until I twigged after about 10 minutes. He took them to the bank on Friday, my Dad's not sure why. He won't say where he is staying, and never parks his car outside the house.

SL have requested more evidence, which we have now sent. SAR coordinator has asked for ID verification, which we have now sent.

He is trying to 'catch me out' in some way, and I am getting legal advice today, as well as finding out from the bank what he wanted.

Any thoughts?

Hi SS,

You need to go back to the bank with YD and find out why YB took him there on the Friday.

You need to make sure nothing was signed giving YB access to your parents' bank accounts again.

I think you also need to get YD's solicitor to write to the bank identifying him as a victim of fraud and requiring the bank to get independent verification from the solicitor if any move is made to gain access to, or control over, his bank accounts.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I went to the bank alone this morning.

I can't tell Dad anything right now because he will tell Brothef when he pumps him for info.

Woman at branch was the same we saw before.

She told me she refused to continue to say anymore to brother and took Dad aside to say he's the client.

She also urged me to see a solicitor today.

She said they didn't do anything he asked for but couldn't tell me what he wanted.

She is thinking of telling their legal dept.

i think he wanted to block me Having internet access.

She says I am allowed to as LPA.

He is saying he took the money to keep it 'safe' from me.

But why didn't he keep it in his current account?

He transferred the money to a different bank 2 weeks later.

SL have this info.

I have informed My Dads solicitor about him showing up secretly filming us.

I knew he would try and persuade dad to get a different solicitor, which he has tried to do.

I got a police ref number the night he turned up.

Yes, he is very controlling. And he hasn't worked for 2 years.

Hi SS,

You will have to wait for the SAR response to see how or why S Life sent the money to the a/c YB had access to.

I'm not sure they'll accept any responsibility unless they transferred the money wrongly AND the matter was reported promptly to the police and the bank at the time it happened.

Edited by slick132

Yes, he is very controlling. And he hasn't worked for 2 years.

I know a bit about controlling siblings, you have my sympathy. My guess is that he's trying to regain control and from what you've said happened today, he may not be achieving what he wants. A control freak losing control is not a happy person.

Carry on as you are, I think you're doing well. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks honeybee :)

I feel so sorry for my dad.

SL have already admitted it was their error in 2 separate letters. I don't know what else they can be investigating. Unfortunately my brother knows this, but hasn't seen the paperwork as I've moved it. He knows there is a crime ref number. I wish i hadn't been so open. I won't be from now on. Taking it all to my solicitor tomorrow.

• 5 months later...

Standard Life paid back the money into my dad's account yesterday.

It took seven months to get it back!

My brother tried all sorts of tricks,

including saying he would only pay it into a solicitor's account,

which we almost agreed to.

Then thought that would acknowledge that he had some kind of right to my Dad's money.

They gave him £200 compensation.

It also cost £1000 in legal fees.

What a prat my brother is.

Thank you for your help and advice.

That's great news. I'm sure it must be a relief but with a bad taste that a son could do this to his dad.

Well done for sorting it. :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi SS and I'm delighted to hear of this result.

I hope you will now be able to manage matters for your father better, knowing what may happen if YB gets involved.

As well as having and using the Lasting Power of Attorney, you could perhaps make any relevant banks aware that YB has tried to gain financially from YD in the past and he should not be allowed to be involved further.

Easier said than done but you have the LPA and you can use a solicitor and/or the Court of Protection and Office of Public Guardian to assist.

Thanks all. Thank God he does not have control any more.

I am now currently chasing an outstanding debt of 15,000 euros from a so-called 'family friend', who should have paid it back to my mother in June 2014. Her and my brother are close pals, funny that isn't it? My brother is now getting involved in that and throwing his weight around.

btw, Slick132,

the local branch know about my brother and the 'situation'.

He tried to sc@m my Dad for £15,000 a few weeks ago for his 'son's university fees'.

His son is 10.

My dad put this in writing and I scanned it to the bank,

along with his land registry details of £2,000,000 worth of property.

The bank have scanned the documents onto the system.

He probably wanted to use that to give to Standard Life so my Dad got his own money back.

He must think we're really stupid.

Did I mention he also faked a letter to the bank pretending to be my dad,

asking to deregister my online banking?

This has all been documented and sent to the Court of Protection (by me).

He write a stroppy email to my solicitor telling him to CEASE harassment of the 'friend', saying he will present emails I've written in the past in Court with regard to my 'mental' and 'emotional' state! My solicitor put them both in their place with a brilliant put down email.