Hfo CCJ/CO now sold to LInk

riolto10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes allegedly.

However, I did find another link when I did a google search. Somebody writing to the Ministry of Justice, making them aware that HFO are buying accounts that are Statute Barred & litigating on them. He is seeking disclosure of how many cases have been filed by HFO.

I am interested because I also have a Barclaycard which has been in dispute for over 2 years. It is obvious that they buy debts cheaply that are either almost or are statute barred. So my time will come.

That letter was a bit inaccurate on some points, unfortunately – there’s nothing wrong with buying and selling accounts at any time, even SB ones – it’s legal. Most of the HFO accounts were not anywhere near SB when they were bought – it’s just that they have sat on them for years.

In fact, an account is only SB if the debtor claims it to be and it is – and ignorant debtor could still be taken to court and may lose if they do not know about the statute of limitation. The debt does not disappear.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick reply will do everything suggested tonight and tomorrow first heard of this debt from hfo July 2010 and lost my wife end of 2003 so debts where of no inportance in 2004/2005 but now will fight them all the way will answer all other question on line tonight

riolto10, are you also riolto20?

Yes could not log on to that account and send threads sorry if it has made things harder

and ignorant debtor could still be taken to court and may lose if they do not know about the statute of limitation.

Hi, I think this is the crux of the complaint. That they are litigating on accounts that are statute barred, but are getting CCJ's because the consumer isn't aware of there rights. I suppose the question is, if HFO issue a claim,or bully & threaten consumers into paying money on accounts that they know are Statute Barred,or issue a claim without contacting the consumer first, try to push it through the court system quickley, because they know its about to become statute barred. Are they breaking any laws.

Debs

I don’t believe they are breaking any laws.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

That figures.:x

But if you know the law, it’s easy to defend or see off. That’s where CAG comes in.

• Confused 1

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Please more info so I can understand why ? thank and thanks again/ next one is the agreement they sent me

Put simply.

The company they claim to have sold the account to did not exist untill 2007. So they could not have had the debt assigned to them in 2005.

• Confused 1

A question on their latest application n244

the defence struck out etc 10 what information will you be relying on in support of your application ?

They have ticked box the attached witness statement no other boxes ticked

Do I get a copy of this statement before the hearing.

the defence struck out etc 10 what information will you be relying on in support of your application ?

If it says the witness statement is attached then you should have been sent it with the copy of the N244 you recieved. Did you recieve anything else with the copy of the N244?

You need to phone the court tomorrow and obtain a copy of the WS.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Looks like more HFO ‘here’s one we made earlier’ and ‘honest, your honour, we sent it all in the post’ – yes, you should have received the WS. Call the court and make it clear you have not received this, and write to HFO recorded demanding a copy by return.

If they put that forged NoA into court, they are in big, big trouble.

I’m concerned about these accounts apparently having being sold by Barclaycard to HFO in 2005. I think these were probably sold to Rox, and there may be some creative ownership issues here. That’s why it’s vital to demand sight of the Deed of Assignment or Sale Agreement in this instance. Never heard of debts from 2005. What they can’t do is come up with a document from 2006!

f it says the witness statement is attached then you should have been sent it with the copy of the N244 you recieved. Did you recieve anything else with the copy of the N244?

no just the form,

1, what is your name if you are a solicitor the name of your firm

Turnball Rutherford

2 solicitor box ticked

3what order are you asking the court to make and why ?

details in previous thread

4 have you attached a draft order you are applying for. no ticked

5 how do you want this application dealt with. at a hearing ticked

6 how long do you think this hearing will last they have put 2 hours

7 give details of fixed trial date or period they have entered allocation date in May

8what level of judge does the hearing need ? they have put district judge

9 who should be seved with this application ? they have put defendant.

statement of truth signed by Uzair shah

Litigation Paralegal

Thats about all on form

Blimey, Mr Shah has demoted himself. He was signing himself as a solicitor before. Naught boy.