New deposit Scheme for First Time Buyers in partnership between Council and Credit Union - GLASGOW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This week, Glasgow councillors are expected to agree to a new partnership with Glasgow Credit Union.

The two year pilot Partnership Mortgage Guarantee Scheme will provide house hunters who can afford to pay a mortgage but cannot raise the necessary deposit.

At present, lenders are demanding deposits of between 5% and 25%, which for many people on low incomes is impossible to raise.

Glasgow Credit Union will allocate up to £4million in mortgage funding over the period.

The council will act as a guarantor for the loan over a maximum five year period, up to a maximum of 20% of the original mortgage amount in the first year, reducing to 10% by year five.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13584721.Deposit_scheme_boost_for_first_time_buyers/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I thought George Osborne had instigated/proposed a similar scheme to boost housebuilding, or was that just for England?

Does not address problem of T's deposits, which would be more in keeping with the Credit Union ethos.