HSBC PPI Claim refuse to acknowledge I had PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Been mulling this over for about a year now as I was fobbed off by HSBC for my PPI claim. Here are the basics:

Had a loan with HSBC in 1997 as I was 19

I was advised I HAD to have PPI for the loan, as I was buying a car and paying off a credit card. Loan was for £3000

Xmas 97 extended the loan to £3500 and again (I remember sitting at the desk in the Crawley branch)

and being told, as I was extending the loan that PPI again PPI HAD to be added as they are 'helping me out'.

'98 was going through debt problems and my father took me to HSBC branch again

and they took my debit card off me and restructured the loan again with PPI till I paid it off in 2000.

Now I followed all protocol for the information of the accounts and statements, but none was forthcoming.

HSBC eventually (after 9 months) sent me the loan account numbers but said there was no PPI on any of them.

I spoke to two different HSBC people in two different parts of the UK.

One guy stated that he has all info in front of him, but can not 'verify' I had PPI

and the lady I spoke to just said that she cannot confirm that I had PPI

as it was too long ago and all details are destroyed after six years.

I stated to both of them that if all details are destroyed after six years and no data stored on Microfiche,

how can you send me details of all loan accounts and statements?

Both staff said that if I can provide the PPI certificate, I have a claim.

Now this was last year, The Ombudsman agreed with HSBC that there is 'no proof' that I had PPI, but I know I had PPI.

Where do I stand. Barclays paid out on my PPI for years 98-2000 and I had no info for that.

What I want to do is file at County Court for say £3000 for PPI Mis-selling and see how far I get until they settle or I go to Court.

I have nothing to lose apart from my fee's for the County Court, and maybe HSBC might find my information?

Look forward to any replies.

Off subject... I hate the Crawley Branch of HSBC, so rude!

Small claims wont work here unless you have proof in writing. Why not email;

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Have you done a full SAR

If they say they have destroyed the info, press them for the supporting evidence they have destroyed it. Who by, how and when

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi,

Had done the SAR request and they just sent me blank pages of my loan numbers with nil on them.

The loan was through my bank account which I had the account number and sort code, but no statements.

Very frustrating, thats why I fancy claiming at County Court and seeing how far I get.

They may well use the ruse of 'destroying information' after 6 years, but I dont buy it.

No other bank does this.

They microfiche all info, and I only know this as they kept a 'default' on my credit file for over 7 years

and they had all info on this which was microfiched.

Its a get out clause for them not paying out.

If you think they still have data that has not been released, Try a complaint to the ICO

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.