Help with my partners debt!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to say what an amazing forum this is. I got out of debt, I've now got a mortgage and new house ready to move into. People need to realise there is no quick fix for credit files.

Now, my partner. We are in no way financially linked by the way, no joint credit, accounts etc.

She has a terrible mess of a creit report which I want to help her with to get back on track so she can get on the mortage.

Debts with, amount owed etc are:

Next Directory, £121 Defaulter on 18/04/14

Lowell (Very), £183 Defualted on 07/01/14

Lowell (Kay and Co), £365, Defaulted on 07/08/13

Lowell (Littlewoods), £762, defaulted on 23/08/13

Lowell (o2), £593 defaulted on 22/02/10 (removed this Febraury)

Lowell (3), £602 defaulted on 06/11/09 (removed from file this Novemeber)

CCJ for £382 02/07/14 not sure what that is for.

As you can see, a mess but we want to start sorting it out so in 5/6 years time she will be debt free. Where would you start? Obviously dont want to stir the pot and awaken Lowell to the accounts that are nearly expired. Ideally she wants to pay a small sum to each one to start repaying, is this the best option or would you advise a different method?

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to say what an amazing forum this is. I got out of debt, I've now got a mortgage and new house ready to move into. People need to realise there is no quick fix for credit files.

Now, my partner. We are in no way financially linked by the way, no joint credit, accounts etc.

She has a terrible mess of a creit report which I want to help her with to get back on track so she can get on the mortage.

Debts with, amount owed etc are:

Next Directory, £121 Defaulter on 18/04/14

Lowell (Very), £183 Defualted on 07/01/14

Lowell (Kay and Co), £365, Defaulted on 07/08/13

Lowell (Littlewoods), £762, defaulted on 23/08/13

Lowell (o2), £593 defaulted on 22/02/10 (removed this Febraury)

Lowell (3), £602 defaulted on 06/11/09 (removed from file this Novemeber)

CCJ for £382 02/07/14 not sure what that is for.

As you can see, a mess but we want to start sorting it out so in 5/6 years time she will be debt free. Where would you start? Obviously dont want to stir the pot and awaken Lowell to the accounts that are nearly expired. Ideally she wants to pay a small sum to each one to start repaying, is this the best option or would you advise a different method?

Depends on her income & expenses position.

I can see the soon to be off the CRA debts being enforced before they reach the 6 years. The DCA's appear better organised these days.

The CCJ details may be on Trustonline or courts will advise her.

Has she done a speadsheet budget to see what money she has available to pay off debts ?

I think i would pay off the most recent default first and then see about the others.

When were the Littlewoods and Kays accounts taken out ?

Nb. Don't provide exact debt amounts online, as Lowell do read CAG. Lowell will be aware that she has many debts with them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Her current position is she works 16 hours and is on benefits. We have a son together. I have bought a house and she will be moving in, will be off benefits and at college/university and working part time.

Very taken out 09/03/12

Kay and co 04/01/12

Littlewoods 26/11/11

So when she's doing a spread sheet budget, what will she put for rent etc as she will be living with me? We will be basically splitting our combined income in 2.

You might want to make contact with National Debtline and ask them to help you produce an I&E for your partner. It should be for just her income only and what she pays out.

You will obviously need to work out a reasonable price for "rent" as she will need to show that and also pro rata for utilities etc.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/

They also have a free helpline

Call us for free

debt advice on

0808 808 4000

Monday to Friday

9am to 9pm

Saturday 9.30am to 1pm

All you want from them is help and advice producing an I&E form, you want to self manage your partner's situation :)

Then when you write to any of the creditors you would advise them that the I&E has been produced with the help of national Debtline and they shouldn't give you any problems accepting it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

any reclaims to be had?

those catalogs may have charged compulsory insurances or admin fees for late payments etc that may be reclaimable with their interest rate

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I'm going to get her to ring up and go through the budget over the phone with them. Even her paying minimal upkeep to the house she cant afford the repayments. What I also forgot to mention here is she got some bonus last year (small, £50 a time) and they have calculated that as a benefit overpayment of £800 so that along with the CCJ will be the priorities.

So with the budget complete with the help of NDL, Im going to offer token repayments to all debts except benefit overpayment and CCJ. Do I still contact the DCA regarding the CCJ?

There probably is admin charges etc but I'll deal with those another day.

All for Lowell? ... Youch.

james.cornell@lowellgroup.co.uk

Drop him an email, you may be able to get some removed if you lodge a complaint etc :)

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis