Who issues council tax summons these days.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

rubber stamp exercise

on liability orders

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is that actually legal ?

LA's pretty much send out LO's like confetti yes, as DX says all they do is rubber stamp it, then

you rock up to court, and the DJ takes over.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No idea??

The whole reason why LA's rubber stamp the LO's is so they can add those fees and is why they tell defendants NOT to turn up in court if the agree they owe CT.

Something which I caught my LA doing on twitter the other week, soon changed their tune when I replied that they were incorrect.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Where the summons states, total amount due and part of that include costs that have been added, can that not be questioned ?

There is something wrong with the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992, which allows a local authority to add 'Court Costs' without the court ordering them (Reg 34(5)).

It appears the Council Tax Regulations may be ultra vires the enabling Act. The enabling act in this case is the Local Government Finance Act 1992.

Annex C of "this document" makes an argument for this.

EDIT:

LGO Complaint (paragraphs 114-116)

The legal advisor at the foot of the summons, I assume is a court official which is at the end of a statement that includes the sentence 'complaint that this day has been made to me the undersigned by the billing authority (local council) and to which I base my observations, yet there is a strong belief, based on past comments that the summons is issued by the local authority on what appears to be court headed.Something to me doesn't feel right and at the very least the issue of the summons is misleading..