Multiple issues with browsers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone can assist with my issue as I am pulling my hair out with this.

With IE 11, Firefox and chrome, whenever I click on anything, a new page opens whilst at the same time the original page also loads. When I click on the tab (not the 'x') the page closes. This even happens with the first page as well.

On my desktop, I cannot double click a program as it doesn't work. I have to right click then click 'open' for it to work.

These are just a few of the issues but it gives an idea of what is going on.

I have tried Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Combofix with no joy whatsoever. No issues found with MSE.

I do have to say that this stops on occasion and I can use my PC normally but it never lasts for long.

Anyone have any ideas??

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Try updating your hardware drivers - could be an issue with one of the pointing devices on your pc as it is happening on all the different browsers.

Also check your browser settings, there may be something there that stops this happening.

Do you leave your laptop on standby or hibernate without shutting it down completely ? If this is the case, your system is holdng previous history in the memory to load and you are also having other issues as a result.

You need to regularly shut down or restart your laptop, so that it has a chance to refresh properly and to trigger any updates needed. If it is constantly on standby between use, it will be affecting how it operates.

That is what i found. Give it a go. Shut down and restart.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Try updating your hardware drivers - could be an issue with one of the pointing devices on your pc as it is happening on all the different browsers.

Also check your browser settings, there may be something there that stops this happening.

Checked all drivers. All up to date. If it was a browser setting, wouldn't that just affect one browser? This is occurring on all 3 browsers.

Do you leave your laptop on standby or hibernate without shutting it down completely ? If this is the case, your system is holdng previous history in the memory to load and you are also having other issues as a result.

You need to regularly shut down or restart your laptop, so that it has a chance to refresh properly and to trigger any updates needed. If it is constantly on standby between use, it will be affecting how it operates.

That is what i found. Give it a go. Shut down and restart.

I don't think it matters that I am using a desktop, not a laptop. At the end of every day, I do shut it down completely. I also have a cookie destroyer but I haven't done anything with my history so will check to see if that has something on it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Seems OK at the moment but that has happened before only for it to go back to the issues listed above. As soon as something goes awry, I will update.

Spoke too soon. Just started doing it again.

Chrome and IE 11 have their own default home pages however, Firefox (my favourite) has Hotmail set as the home page.

I have had this setting for years now with nary an issue. I don't fancy using my Windows disc for a repair. I may just wait for my free upgrade from 7 to 10 and see if that helps.

re double clicks, does any message come up when doing?

what are the other 'issues' you mention.

if its not just a 'blip' re browser/settings/keyboard, and if after trying the above things go back, then maybe malware hijack. or file/reg corruption, maybe following a recent update.

one a/v thats helped me before is superantispyware free, and avira free re web based bugs. the old (not the new version) spybot maybe worth a try also.

there are also the free antivirus boot scans that cld be worth a try.

IMO

:-):rant:

re double clicks, does any message come up when doing?

what are the other 'issues' you mention.

if its not just a 'blip' re browser/settings/keyboard, and if after trying the above things go back, then maybe malware hijack. or file/reg corruption, maybe following a recent update.

one a/v thats helped me before is superantispyware free, and avira free re web based. the old (not the new version) spybot maybe worth a try also.

there are also the free antivirus boots that cld be worth a try.

Not sure it is a virus. But probably wise to run an internet security programme to do a full check. I tried the Bitdefender 60 day trial and that is really good.

I think your system just needs a good clean out of cookies and a bit of maintenance. Some of the internet security software comes with system maintenance tools.

Microsoft also have various system tools online for checking problems and to apply fixes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Having got heartily pi**ed off with the problem yesterday, I did a system recovery today. All seems well.....so far.

I will check out other options as I go on to ensure I am ready should it start again.

I clicked on 'most visted' earlier and it tried to open 45 tabs!!!

Try these save to desktop right click run as admin..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

When you get to the results click on the tab for view results then save this to the desktop see what they say

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Famous last words. I have now run almost every adware program going. (Exaggeration) Hopefully that helps.

did the scans flag up anything?

Nothing of note. Even my desktop has become unresponsive. I can't double click on anything. I have to right click the open the program that way.

It is now annoying me so much that I am using my tablet to access the web.

I am backing up my important files and if I can't find the problem, format!

Nothing of note. Even my desktop has become unresponsive. I can't double click on anything. I have to right click the open the program that way.

It is now annoying me so much that I am using my tablet to access the web.

I am backing up my important files and if I can't find the problem, format!

Classic signs of a dirty keyboard,with stuck keys ?

As you have a desktop, might be worth trying another keyboard, if you cannot clean it properly.

Just a guess that the instructions you are keying are getting confused, as you have stuck keys also instructing your computer to do something.

let me connect to it via teamviewer send me the id and password. by pm

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

At the moment it is behaving itself although it does have a dicky fit at sometime during the day.

When I reformatted and reinstalled Windows, it worked OK for a while then went wrong but as I said, it's OK now.

IF it goes wrong again, I will happily take you up on the offer.

In your browsers, disable all add-ons and plugins,

and check the proxy options in your browsers. (usually from options, advanced)

Check your options - general home page and 'open previews windows on start' settings

toolbars can do these sort of things and you don't always know they have been installed

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

In your browsers, disable all add-ons and plugins,

and check the proxy options in your browsers. (usually from options, advanced)

Check your options - general home page and 'open previews windows on start' settings

toolbars can do these sort of things and you don't always know they have been installed

That was one of the first things I did. Everything is as it should be. I am suspecting a software glitch as when I imported all my old files, bookmarks, music and videos, the problem started again but in fairness, it has happened only once today and then went within 10 minutes.

let me connect to it via teamviewer send me the id and password. by pm

dx

What is teamviewer? Is it a safe program and how do I do it as I have never used it before. My second hard drive was showing a problem so I unplugged it in the hope that was the cause Nope so i would be grateful if you can look for me. This ruddy glitch comes and goes whenever it feels.10 minutes ago I couldn't click anything without a new page opening. Now it's OK :???: