Using Temporary Emergency Housing and been offered a short break.

pdunderhill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello good people,

I'm receiving ESA, the higher element and am also living in a property supplied by my local London Borough costed as Temporary Emergency Housing since my break down in 2012.

I've been offered a 'break', a holiday of sorts in Broadstairs on the Kent Coast next month for five days. No cash just a stay outside of town no remuneration.

Although I've seen little activity regarding the Council, Brent, checking on my personal occupational life, in Haringey, I don't want to give the paying authority for my HB any excuse to cut me off at the knees!

Help and advice would be welcome,

Peter.

PS should probably have posted under a pseudonym but I'm trying to stay above the radar.

Edited by pdunderhill
Clarity

You are allowed a holiday, provided that you are not missing any appointments with either DWP or the council providing the housing.

So enjoy your break. Just let the people providing the accommodation know you are going away on a short break and when you will be back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Uncle B, should I go as far as getting a confirmation in writing from the Council? I'm afraid I instinctively distrust them.

Peter

You do what you are comfortable with and if this means getting confirmation from the council, then ask them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

for HB purposes, temporary absences of up to 13 weeks are fine

not sure whether it would impact upon the provision of Temporary Accommodation

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I think as it's just a couple of days you will be fine. However, for your own peace of mind tell them you are going. It shouldn't have any impact on your housing either.

Then go, relax & enjoy. Sounds like exactly what you need

• Haha 1

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.