DHL/Control Account plc Late Payment fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered something from China that was delivered by DHL. Two weeks later, I got the duty and admin fee request. The amount I was charged was much too much, so I queried it with DHL by phone. The reason for the overcharge is a mixup on the suppliers paperwork. It's another matter to sort that out. The problem is that I thought that their answer was wrong, so I put it aside to sort out another time, then forgot abut it. They have now passed on the debt to Control Account plc, who have added on an additional £40 for lare payment. I have noe paid DHL, but I've got a feeling Control Account won't be going away

Can Control Account charge me for late payment, when I never had a direct contract with DHL? Their contract AFAIK is with the Chinese shipping company that has a contract with the supplier. Is there anything I can do to make them go away, other than pay.

In a word NO, they are a powerless pet DCA who can do nothing.

You've paid DHL, end of the matter. Ignore the DCA entirely, go

do something more interesting, like watching paint dry!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Pay them any money that you admit to and no more.

However, get them to understand that you are not simply ignoring it. Write to them and asked them to justify their fees on the basis of any losses that they have suffered as a result of any alleged payment. Tell them that once you receive this answer you will consider their request.

Tell them that you won't enter into any further correspondence with them.

• dx100uk changed the title to DHL/Control Account plc Late Payment fee