Acer Aspire V3-112P-C4S1 Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well this is a first for me, have been installing windows for years but this laptop has got me so frustrated now.

Friend brought this to me after he thought he was clever completely blanking the hard drive and all partitions, Using a USB drive I managed to get windows 8.1 installed but none of the drivers from Acer will install just freeze up the machine.

After 4 days I am pulling my hair out now (if I had any) but finally got most things installed but no wifi, no matter what driver I try it just freezes the machine up and have to hard boot it with power button.

Has anyone got one of these laptops that could upload the recovery image with the correct drivers?

George

Not my laptop is a friends who decided to remove all partitions and install windows and couldn't do it. It has the UEFI bios but no bootable device when activated so in legacy at moment.

Acer V3-112P-C4S1

Intel Celeron N2840 / Intel HD Graphics / 2GB DDR3 / 500GB HD

Windows 8.1 installed and was missing 5 drivers and drivers from web site won't install at all, Managed to get some installed with driver pack solutions

Did a dual boot with windows 10 preview which seems to run a lot better and even installed the wifi.

Have windows 8 running but the wifi driver is a real pain, nothing I have tried will install just freezes the laptop up.

Thanks for the reply, any help you could offer will be gratefully received.

George

Have been thinking the same myself the last few days I been messing with it.

Tried to make a UEFI usb boot install stick but just comes up with no bootable devices all the time, will have a further look into it.

Thanks

George