Bilgeman v natwest ** WON **

Bilgeman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, there's more. Maybe I should start a new thread with this. Perhaps someone will let me know. NatWest closed this account at the end of all this and I wonder if they acted unlawfully as I don't remember requesting them to do so. Also, there's the matter of the few hundred quid still outstanding.

I intend to proceed something along the lines of:-

With reference to the above account which was closed recently I am writing to ask you to clarify the reason for closure and, if I requested this closure, which I do not recall doing, a copy of my signed request.

Also, I am lacking statements from April 2006 to the date of closure and would be grateful if you would provide me with copies. If there is a fee would you please advise accordingly (I know there is, of course, but no harm in trying it on). I suspect there are unlawful charges applied to the account during this period which I have not so far recovered and, in the event that I find this to be the case, I will be pursuing you for repayment in full.

Any comments, anyone

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Dear Sir

Following your recent letter, I enclose your copy atetments as requested' (No mention of the £10 charge - thank you).

'This account was closed by the Bank due to poor conduct' (On whose part, I wonder?)

Now to have a read through and a think...

• 2 weeks later...

The account was closed last November and is therefore within the six months limit so how's this:-

Dear NatWest

You claim my account was closed due to ‘poor conduct ‘.

The problem arose purely as a result of your unlawful charges and therefore I am bound to ask on whose part this alleged poor conduct was and to contend that you closed the account unfairly.

You will be aware that Alliance & Leicester have recently been fined for similar behaviour.

You have fourteen days from receipt of this letter to reopen my account, to offer me either a satisfactory explanation of your reasons for closing my account or to offer me a new current account with all the services and facilities available on the closed one. If you fail to comply or I do not hear from you within this time I shall, without further notice, report the matter to the Office of the Financial Ombudsman.

• 2 weeks later...

...and here it is:-

'Dear Bilgeman' (not really...)

'Thank you for taking the time to write to the Bank's Customer Relations Unit.

I know from the content of your letter that you are unhappy about the bank's decision to close your account and I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with our service to date.

To mkae sure that we fully address your concerns, I have requested background information from the area(s) involved. As soon as we have this to hand, one of our Customer Re;ations Advisers will contact you. We will be in touch with you by 20 April at latest to update you on our progress and, if necessary, obtain further details of your complaint.

In the meantime I enclose for your infromation a leaflet that explains how we deal with complaints at NatWest

Yours etc...'

April the twentieth will be well after the 14 days I gave them. This is just stalling, surely? Trying to get beyond the six months, do you think? Wonder whether to wait til the 2oth or make a complaint now...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the cheque's cleared I can clarify the above. I was waiting for a reply from NatWest telling me, go on then - report us, when a letter arrived last week explaining why I was such a bad customer and that my overdraft had reached such-and-such a level and that they only transferred to Credit Management Sevices because my wages were no longer being paid in. Yeah, like I'm going to keep paying my wages in so they can be swallowed up by charges every week. Anyway, in a nutshell, they said it was my fault and the 'poor conduct' was on my part and not theirs, BUT, even though they weren't at fault, they were prepared to offer me £400 to shut up. If I chose to accept they would send me a cheque or if not I could approach the Financial Ombudsman. So there's a choice; collect £400, which is considerably more than the outstanding charges they owe me or start writing letters to the FO and starting all over again... well, no contest really.

The £400 is very timely and useful - £120 of it will pay the Court Fee for my ongoing Barclays claim.

Donation on its way to CAG in the next few days.

Cheers, everyone. Keep at 'em.

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks