Please Help!! Teletext Holidays overbooked us and not co-operating!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, this is my very first post so don't bite please! I would be so grateful for some help regarding my family's dreadful holiday last year. Here goes,

We booked a holiday for 2 adults 2 children to the Algarve for August 2014 to The Eden Resort (all inclusive). This was through Teletext Holidays. Everything was running smoothly until we landed in Portugal and our transfer took us to an entirely different Hotel (Clube Albufiera). This was at 1:00AM...after travelling the whole night with two children we just needed sleep. We spoke to the manager at Clube Albufiera who said that Eden overbooked us so we need to stay at the Clube for 4 nights, and a different hotel for 2 nights.....NOT IMPRESSED! But we had no choice! we were basically stranded in Portugal with 2 children and had received no prior notice that the Eden was overbooked!

After 2 nights of staying at the Clube, I could not get hold of Teletext etc but received an email from "EC-Travel" (never heard of them before) saying that we can stay at the Clube Hotel for the remainder of our stay but need to move into a ONE bedroomed apartment for the last night (attached below). It was so distressing and the four of us could hardly fit in the room :(.

Don't get me wrong, the Clube hotel was OK and they were very sympathetic but it was not what we paid for! the rooms were cheaper (as I saw a price list etc) the food was horrid so we had to eat where're, beach was further etc.

Anyway, since we got back I was straight onto Teletext and they have taken months to write back (I have attached the letter to this post). They basically admit zero liability as they are just acting as an agent. If we wanted our money back we should have cancelled!! But we couldn't possibly do that.

I'm looking for ANY advise PLEASE i'm so desperate I don't know where to take it from here (I'm even upset just writing this!!) I know it was a long time ago but we are still paying a credit card off because of the overspend due to us having to make extra payments everywhere (even though we were "all inclusive" but thankfully we did take a credit card with us!!

Thanks in advance for any comments :) Heidi & Family xx

Hey Ford :) Thank you for your concern! Yes I did notice and then thought well we have since moved address and this was sent to my old address this week anyway so not much use to any body i'm guessing :) But thanks!

Hey Ford :) Thank you for your concern! Yes I did notice and then thought well we have since moved address and this was sent to my old address this week anyway so not much use to any body i'm guessing :) But thanks!

ok. i did report the attachments just in case. :)

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi and welcome to CAG.

As I see it, your point of contact was Teletext Holidays and you paid them for the Holiday. That (to me) suggests that the contract was formed between you and teletext, nobody else.

It was Teletext that formed the contracts with the other parties and as such, they should be sorting it out.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Attachments unapproved as they show personal information. Whilst the OP might have moved, there could possibly be other people living there now and they might not want to be pestered.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Silver Fox, yes that is what is annoying me. They seem to just want to push the blame on to anybody else. Teletext are the people we paid, and I had not heard of "EC-Travel" until the email that was passed to us on holiday. Argh. From what everybody sees, do you think I have a good case or not? TIA x