Living with PTSD: Former military medic reveals how the battle goes on for veterans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Living with PTSD: Former military medic reveals how the battle goes on for veterans

The first female RAF paramedic to work on the Afghan frontline, she now finds it impossible to step outside the front door of her Wigan home most days. She wets the bed and has recurring nightmares, in which she regularly finds herself back in Afghanistan surrounded by the horrors she has witnessed.

Flt Lt Sanderson completed three tours of Afghanistan. During that time, she was routinely flown by helicopter into the heart of the fighting to care for military and civilian casualties.

It was after the third tour that the impact on her mental health became clear - and in September last year, she was given a medical discharge.

Please also watch the video as it gives you a better perspective

Read More Here: http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-09/living-with-ptsd-former-military-medic-reveals-how-the-battle-goes-on-for-veterans/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

By coincidence, last week I was working with another former RAF paramedic who has PTSD.

They were doing almost back to back tours in Afghanistan because there were so few of them - and a budget cut meant that a number of paramedics were taken out of training just before they finished their courses, so others had to keep going back.

PTSD is worth £53 a week in benefit, which seems to me to be a pittance.

By coincidence, last week I was working with another former RAF paramedic who has PTSD.

They were doing almost back to back tours in Afghanistan because there were so few of them - and a budget cut meant that a number of paramedics were taken out of training just before they finished their courses, so others had to keep going back.

PTSD is worth £53 a week in benefit, which seems to me to be a pittance.

It's an insult is what it is, SP !

An RAF secretary who hurt her thumb, poor dear, was awarded £484,000!!

An RAF typist who injured her thumb at work is to be paid almost half a million pounds by the Ministry of Defence.

The civilian's award is almost 30 times the amount a serviceman would receive for the same injury.

It is eight times more than a soldier would receive for losing a leg and almost double the amount he could expect if he lost both legs.

The £484,000 payout was condemned by former soldiers, politicians and servicemen's charities who fear it will severely damage morale.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-471700/RAF-typist-hurt-thumb-awarded-times-soldier-lost-leg.html

Edited by citizenB
restored quote box

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 8 months later...

in my army days 90 - 93 - no one gave a [edited]. seems not much has changed. MOD civvy xxxxs.

up the ghurkas

this is the nonsense we take we serve (d)

admiteddly get the job done :))

ubique quo fas et gloria ducunt

Edited by refuser