invoice from PCN (NW) at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been a member for quite a while and the great advice on here has saved me a fortune in the past.

I have recently had my first invoice stuck to my windscreen since the liability changed from driver to registered keeper.

Previously, I have successfully ignored all correspondence but, as the advice is to no longer do so, I was wondering what steps to take.

I received the notice from the PCN (NW) employee on my windscreen approximately 10 days ago in the staff car park at St Helens College. I am in possession of a valid staff parking permit but it was not displayed in the windscreen at the time. I don't have the permit on permanent display for reasons that I won't go into but usually put it on my dashboard when I arrive at work.

The college refuses to get involved with issues between staff and the parking company so I can't get my employer to act on my behalf.

There are signs throughout the car park that do say a valid permit must be displayed in the windscreen.

Any advice on how to proceed would be most welcome.

OK, in the short term, do absolutely nothing.

Wait for the NTK (Notice To Keeper), that way you're not acknowledging who the driver was at the time. PCN(NW) are members of the IPC which confuses matters slightly as none of us think that they're as 'independent' as they claim when dealing with appeals.

As it stands, I'd say that your staff parking permit, displayed or not, would have supremacy of contract over anything that PCN(NW) can come up with and you'd be able to defeat them on those grounds. But others may have more experience than I do with such matters and the IPC in general.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I have tried to find out the college parking policy but had no joy.

A lot of colleges and universities shoot themselves in the foot by the wording of their official policy document...

While you're waiting for the NTK put in a foi request for the policy, or ask for them.

You could also put in a foi request to find out if the PPC has the authority to take staff members to court and how much money the college makes out of the parking company.

http://www.sthelens.ac.uk/part-2

6.1Availability and conditions of use of facilities

Information in these classes provides details about who can access systems and services and the facilities that they can access. Includes:

Opening hours of libraries, helpdesks, etc, scheduled maintenance times of systems

Who is allowed to use the facilities.

The general rules and conditions of use.

Internet Policy for studentsE-mail Policy for studentsData Protection guide for studentsCopyright PolicyAccess to/use of Archives, in accordance with College PolicyLogging, monitoring and procedures followed in case of breach of conditions of use.

The documents within this section are available by application to the College.Free of charge

• Haha 1

Your permit is an administrative convenience that proves you have a right to be there. The parking co should cancel their claim or take the matter up with your employer to clarify whethyer it is an implied or express tewrm in your contract that you have to display any authority you have to park there.

If they dont do that then they are doomed to failure should they claim against you. Keep an eye out for information coming from the Bristol case (CELv Co-op employees)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,I've now received a letter from PCN (NW) and they sent it within the 28 to 56 day timescale, so they have managed to follow that procedure.Any advice on how I should now proceed?Let battle commence.Many thanks in advance.

Hi,I've now received a letter from PCN (NW) and they sent it within the 28 to 56 day timescale, so they have managed to follow that procedure.Any advice on how I should now proceed?Let battle commence.Many thanks in advance.

Have you taken any action as suggested in post 4?

Hi, I requested the information from my employer but haven't received a reply. I've not yet put in FOI requests due to a recent death in the family. Is it too late or should I do it anyway? Should I be responding to the NTK to say that the vehicle was covered by a parking permit and see if they can produce photographic evidence that there wasn't one displayed at the time?Any further help would be massively welcomed.

Hi, I requested the information from my employer but haven't received a reply. I've not yet put in FOI requests due to a recent death in the family. Is it too late or should I do it anyway? Should I be responding to the NTK to say that the vehicle was covered by a parking permit and see if they can produce photographic evidence that there wasn't one displayed at the time?Any further help would be massively welcomed.

I would want all the information I could get if somebody was trying to [ problem ] money out of me.... it is up to you.

Could you post up a redacted copy of the NTK so we can see exactly what they are claiming please.

Then we can word the appeal you will send correctly.

Hi,

I'm currently away until next Friday and haven't got scanning facilities. I've got the letter with me and I've also got photos of the signs on my phone.

Yep, private land otherwise they cant operate at all.Your right to be there is not subject to their stupid contract unless your employer has told you it does in your terms of service or employmeny contract.. Do not take this so seriously, you dont owe them any money so just go through the protocols and get the satisfaction of annoying them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm now back from holiday and managed to get a redacted copy of the letter (NTK) uploaded.Any advice on how now to proceed would be more than welcome.Many thanks in advance.http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o743/DJ673/PCN%20NTK%20Letter-page-001_zpsed6quasu.jpg

I've just clicked on the link to make sure that it works and it seems that it's saying that the image has been moved or deleted. I don't know why but I'll try againhttp://s1341.photobucket.com/user/DJ673/media/PCN%20NTK%20Letter-page-001_zpsed6quasu.jpg.html

Sorry about this guys but I seem to be having the same problem so I have uploaded it to flickr.Many thanks for your patience.https://www.flickr.com/photos/131779798@N02/17143873451/

Hi,I need to respond to the NTK and was wondering what you ladies and gents thought of this... PCN Parking Solutions PO Box 465 KT14 9BS 17th April 2015Re: Parking Charge Notice #********* Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing with regard to a Notice To Registered Keeper letter that I have recently received regarding my vehicle (registration number ******). Could you please provide me with any and all evidence that a valid parking permit was not displayed at the time of the alleged contravention. I would also like to state that the postioning of the signage close to the entrance to the car park is poorly positioned and as such is not legible from the perspective of the driver. Also, I have since inspected the signage near the entrance to the car park and the terms of parking are unclear and confusing.Hence, a contract could not have been entered into by the driver and in light of such I am appealing the aforementioned Notice To Registered Keeper letter. I look forward to your response. Yours Sincerely If this is ok then I'll post it and get a certificate of posting from my local post office. Many thanks in advance DJ67

Edited by DJ67
Message not aligning properly when posted

Don't send your appeal to the PO Box Number (which is in West Byfleet!!!) send to the registered address of the company.

Thanks for that topcat1802.

Thye should have given a service address that is not a PO box number. Ifnot the demand is non compliant with PoFA. The KT postcode address is well known on this forum, have a look at some of the companies that have an office in that building and you will see a rogues gallery of struck off solicitors and debt collecting agencies. shows the level of company you are dealing with so that should make you more comfortable in telling them where to get off if they persist in their stupidity.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent my letter on 20th April to the registered address of the company and I obtained a certificate of posting.

Today, I have received a letter from UCS (Ultimate Customer Solutions), stating that they have been instructed by PCN (NW) Ltd and that their client "has advised that they have not received payment or any valid dispute and therefore it is now too late to pay the discounted amount or challenge this notice."

UCS have also added a further £72 administration charge, bringing the total amount to £190.00.

Any advice on the next step would be much appreciated. Should I write to UCS to say that I lodged a timely dispute?

Many thanks in advance

DJ67

I'm assuming that UCS are a DCA. If so, ignore them completely. They're powerless and completely extracting the urine by adding £72, cheeky gits.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.