Motoring fines...Motorists can now enter plea online 24 hrs a day.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today the Ministry of Justice announced that from March a new service is being rolled out across the UK and Wales allowing people charged with some minor motoring offences to enter a plea online from any suitable device (including mobile phones) 24 hours a day.

This will be done via a secure Ministry of Justice website and is an alternative to a postal plea or attending court in person. Motorists will be able to view their case details, view evidence and make their plea remotely.

Motorists who use the new service to plead guilty at the earliest possible stage will benefit by receiving the maximum credit.

At present the facility is limited to the following offences:

Failure to identity the driver

Using the vehicle without valid insurance

Driving in excess of the speed limit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11438914/Motorists-to-be-given-chance-to-enter-plea-to-minor-driving-offences-online.html

This looks positive. Will people get the chance to have a means enquiry hearing still, as this is often relevant to people?

I have quite a few procedure documents about this and this morning I raised a number of queries (one of which relates to a Means Enquiry). I hope to receive a response by the end of the day and will post up details.

This new way of dealing with minor motor offences has already been tested in Manchester and it would appear that over a third of motorists receiving a summons used the on line service. That has to be an excellent response. The motorist will have been given the maximum credit for an 'early plea'.

Most importantly, it will also mean that applications for Statutory Declarations should significantly decline.

It seems from the documents that I have been reading that TV licensing fines could also be considered.

The bad news is that the courts are looking to charge additional court costs to motorists. Figures being considered are approx £150 per offence.

They seem to be really pushing the early response issue at present - compliance stage for enforcement issues, now this, TV Licensing, Parking Offences. It's fine if people are guilty, but they must have an opportunity for a fair hearing without being penalised for it if they believe they have a case.

• 1 month later...

Most importantly, it will also mean that applications for Statutory Declarations should significantly decline.

It seems from the documents that I have been reading that TV licensing fines could also be considered.

The bad news is that the courts are looking to charge additional court costs to motorists. Figures being considered are approx £150 per offence.

TV Licensing is now included in the new online pleading which should take affect within the next week or so. The above 'charge' has now been released in statutory regulations and is called a Criminal Court Charge and the amount of £150 is indeed correct.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?442043-Online-motoring-offences-plea-service-launched

A thread had already been started regarding this - is it a Bailiff issue ? If not, then I suggest that both this and Michael Browne's thread be merged.

Comments welcome :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?442043-Online-motoring-offences-plea-service-launched

A thread had already been started regarding this - is it a Bailiff issue ? If not, then I suggest that both this and Michael Browne's thread be merged.

Comments welcome :)

Thank you CB. I didn't know that Michael had started a thread on the same day. This particular thread also includes the reference to TV licensing as well and as it has only received a few visitors it is probably better if it stays on here as well for information purposes.

Also, this thread links back to the dreadful Criminal Court Charge that will also apply to all these summary offences. I will make a post on Michael's thread about it as well shortly.

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D