Rise in over 70s losing driving licence Watch

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Increase in older drivers losing their licence on health grounds

3 hours ago

An increasing number of people over the age of 70 are being stopped from driving for medical reasons.

In the last year, the figure rose by a third to nearly 13,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31617865

Edited by citizenB

They should extend this To people getting out of bed and straight behind the wheels.

Got hit twice in 3 days after 20 years of unblemished driving.

Friday by a sleepy 😫 scooter driver who overslept and was rushing to work and today by a more sleepy car driver who could barely stand up, again late for work.

My insurance premium will be crazy at renewal 😠

BTW in both cases police refused to attend, even though today's driver refused to say what insurance he had, so now I have to pay £4 for the pleasure of knowing this.

Spoke to my insurance but they said that because of the good old dpa 1998 they can't tell me what insurance this guy has got.

They want me to claim through them so I can lose my NCB.

Sure!

Sounds like your insurer doesn't want to do any footwork as it cists them money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My Father-in-law still drives and is in his late 70's.

No with me in the car he doesn't :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

One big problem is that anyone over 70 doesnt need a medical. They just sign a form saying theyre fit to drive, even when its obvious theyre not. What needs to happen is that every 3 years after 70, a driver should be obliged to go to their doc for a full human 'MOT'. Only if they pass it would the doctor sign the DVLA form allowing them to continue driving.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D