Can't make the course Interview

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't make an interview for a course and I'm worried about what to do?

I doesn't say on the letter that I got from the jobcentre that this is mandatory that I attend. I quite happy to change the date.:|

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

What course is it? Is it a directive from JCP or work programme? Have you been given a mandatory letter that says "failure to attend could effect your benefits" or words to such effect? Sometimes things do turn up meaning we are unable to keep appointments - being honest and letting them know would be the first thing to do and follow up with a recorded letter saying "...you spoke to xxxx on xx/xx/xx and informed them" etc so you are covered.

I had this when I was at INGEUS and the night before a workshop I cracked my tooth and had to go to emergency dentist in morning when course was on. I phoned them and not surprisingly they said to me "can you not make your appt at a later time?" My answer was "my tooth and pain is a little bit more important than your (pointless) course" I followed up with a letter saying who I spoke to so I avoided potential sanction

Thank you Matt for ur advice. I will prob end up going anyway or I will only worry about it all day lol. It didn't say anything about failure to attend. Advisor said do i want to do vol work and i said i want to do a course and got to see the lady next tues about the course.

Not being funny but how is courses going to get me a job? :/ :!:

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

What's it all about, Alfie.

You said that you wanted to go on a course. An appointment to see a lady about a course was arranged for you. Now you seek to avoid it.

Neither you or anyone else can tell how the course is going to help you get a job until you find out a bit more about it.

Once you have determined that it is not for you, then by all means decline.