style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I rented a property in Aberdeen via Northwood Aberdeen and I want to share my experiences of when I left the property.

I am not looking for any legal advice because I accepted the amount they kept even though it was totally unjustifiable and perhaps

i was a little impatient but hey ho! I needed the money and they dragged it on for a whole month right until the end of the deadline from deposit protection.

when I handed in my notice a full 2 months in advance (as per contract) they try keeping extra months rent

(by saying I have to give notice from same date i moved in of current month)

apparently they try this with other tenants as i read on a review site called allagents.

is this even legal i mean 2 month notice means 2 month notice why does it have to be same date you moved in?.

I eventually got a call when i disputed this and was told landlord said he wont charge

(trying to pull a fast one i think, most certainly they would have pocketed this extra rent)

Another way of conning ex tenant extra months rent despite given 2months to find another then of course they will get new tenant in by then.

It didn't end there they always get you on minor things it's like they have a rule they have to get something out of you regardless.

..I was given a lengthy list of defects in the flat despite having a review and letters/emails saying thanks for keeping flat immaculate on regular inspections.

I contested every last point some which were easier than others as had noted them in itinerary or emails.

eventually they would just not listen and claimed on such a minor minor issue that it was laughable and of course they charged £40+

as part of the admin fee on top for arranging the work on such a minor issue (apparently) which i do not believe they would even carry out.

I disagreed but as they dragged it on so much I simply agreed eventually to letting them keep a small amount just to get my deposit back (or most of it).

I do not understand as I have heard from other people as well that they just like to keep something,

maybe it pays for the staff coffee (I do not know) but this is totally unfair and was wondering if people could share there experiences on here.

oh and they also troll the web and some how manage to remove bad comments about them on yell

and other review sites so no doubt this one will also be hijacked by there fake accounts and removed.

My dealings with them suggest they are dishonest when it comes to handling other peoples money,

I feel for the landlords as during my tenancy on at least one occasion they sent out cow boy workmen who they referred to as "engineers"

to fix a simple shower hose, they broke the rest of shower in process and

when I informed them it took them a few weeks to put a new one as apparently they had to get permission of the landlord and no doubt put it on his bill.

the issue here was not about the money, it was the principle and even though initially I was going to contest it all the way as I believe I had enough proof and photographs in the end the brain dead email replies I was getting just showed the letting manager had no intellect and I just gave in.

If you paid a deposit and it was protected, why did you not use free DPS ADR?

Were you still within fixed term when you gave Notice?

Scottish LL & T laws differ to rest of UK.

Hope you can justify your statements made on an open Public Forum if Northwood decide to sue.

Estate agents and LL are in business for profit.

Most (fortunately not all) of them are petty when the deposit needs to be returned.

I heard incredible stories of £80 being retained by LL for a single scratch on the skirting board.

Surely it costs less to touch it up or even replace the length.

Hey, that's the world of renting.