Santander Mortgage SPO - they want to evict now

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pers I wouldn't worry about the credit file

ignore the calendar bits

its got a defaulted date

it will vanish from all credit files on the defaults 6th birthday.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX

this is a secured loan so isn't it 12 years like a mortgage??

but also I only worry because this company are pretty underhand, I got them on unfair contract terms in so for as they cannot ever increase the interest rate on my loan (it's variable) using their dodgy term, but that's all and I just don't trust them, feels very dodgy to me, they were reporting it before - why would they suddenly stop?

you are confusing the limitations act with default rules

its 6yrs

there is NO LINK AT ALL between the limitation act and defaulted date

theres little point in reporting monthly on a debt that has a defaulted date

its not going to make your score any better or worse.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I see what you're saying but other accounts that are defaulted are reporting the balance, and so I don't see why they are not. Also the default was back in Nov 2012, why were they reporting the balance properly till Nov 2015 and then suddenly stop?

I do not trust them, I don't trust that the balance is correct either way. They refuse to send any statements so how and I supposed to tell what the balance really is?

well then sar them.

you might have £1000's to reclaim across all the accounts with them.

dx

and they

Hi All,

Well very surprisingly the secured loan company have accepted my payment proposal, I really thought it would be a battle like it was last time - but I do believe they are too busy with other customers upcoming court cases to probably bother with me, also due to what happened last time we went to court, but I will know when the others customers court date passes (end of June).

But they have asked for a specimen of both of our signatures and a document showing my change of name (we got married ages ago but I never told them till now) they also want original docs of confirmation such as marriage cert or deed poll etc. I am very wary about sending anyone signatures!

what do you think?

they just say they have noted my change of name and want to update their records. to do this they need a specimen of both of our signatures, (it's only my name that's changed so I'm suspicious about why they need his signature again) and the original of one of the following docs - marriage cert, deed cert or decree absolute

I cant see why they need it.

what use is it to them?

none

and they

If you've changed your name then it should be recorded on the mortgage, to be honest I don't see anything wrong with them asking for proof, it's quite normal. When my friend got married after having a mortgage for many years her building society asked for paperwork which she took into the local branch.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If the mortgage is in joint names then they will ask for his signature to confirm that your change of name is correct - I think you're reading too much into what is a perfectly normal request in these circumstances.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

they want both so they are sure that one of you isnt trying to pull a fast one,

you know,

getting curent boyfriend to pretend they is hubby or g/f is wife

and then when one half of the joint tenants is diddled out of what is rightfully theirs the banks liability is removed.

• 2 months later...

I am in utter panic!

Santander are not happy with the payment made in june, it was not the full amount.

I advised them of the reason, gave income and expenses details.

They want proof of what the money was used for, which I don't have.

They said only full arrears payment of over £8,000 will stop the Eviction,

they says they have already applied for a date.

I am scared. I don't know what to do, please help

so you've had a letter?

dx

and they

Yes, initial letter was late July,

I'd made julys payment and I called them,

spoke to a nice man who said thafvshes to husbands issues before and so on,

they would repossess at a very last resort.

He asked me to send income and expenses and something showing what payment went on.

I sent income and expenses but had nothing re proof, hoped they would forget it really.

Got another letter but was at my grandmother's for a couple of weeks and she wasn't well and is 90!

The letter said they needed to speak to me,

I emailed to say I was away and would call when I got back.

Got back to another letter saying they were applying for an eviction date but stated that it wasnt too late to avoid if i contacted them

i called Only to be told that full arrears payment is all that will stop the eviction.

I have since also made the August payment.

Husband is freaking out,

I didn't tell him I only made partial payment, so he's flipped out ,

I'm about to lose everything! :-(

no you're not

you're just being stupid by keep ringing them

DONT!!

they'll threaten everything on the phone

just stay off that ruddy phone.

when you get anything in actual writing that they are going to do something then scan it up.

dx

and they

and they

HI Dx, ok these are the letters I've had.

Hubby has totally flipped out and said that if I don't call them and fix it today he will call them, the thing is he will say anything to try and avoid eviction. he's just messaged me asking if I've called them, and said he's going to ring them now!!

He has no idea what he's talking about so I need urgent help please!

The reason I missed payment was because me and the hubby were arguing constantly! we had decided to split, I was angry and went away for a few days, the only money I had in my account was the mortgage money, I paid some but kept some for myself, I was so angry and upset I just didn't think.

So I returned home approx. 1 week later, we made up, I didn't tell him about the missed payment, then the following month paid the mortgage in full. and again for august.

received a letter at the end of july about the missed payment, and I stupidly told them it was for rent arrears from my father in law, he did have arrears when he passed away but the only letter I had was back in April 2016, so I sent that as proof.

They don't accept it as it was too old.

I contacted the L/L of that property as I had another letter in December asking for payment, but couldn't find it, I asked him to e-mail me a copy which he did and also confirmed by e-mail that the account is clear, I know it's not right but can I use this as proof??

please help I don't know what else to do!

docs1.pdf

Sorry a further thing, in my last e-mail to them on the 1 sept, I explained that I could not pay the arrears in full at this time but when I spoke to them last I explained this but I would like to continue with the previous arrangement, and advised that I had made payment in full in July and August and will continue.

My current mortgage deal (which was a 10 year fixed rate at 5.69%) ends in June 2018, when hopefully the CMI will decrease and will make our budget a bit easier. but I still have about 12 years left on the actual mortgage, so my arrangement would have it paid off by the end of the term.

I also explained that my hubby is currently on medication for depression which they knew about anyway.

anyone - please help, really worried now, and hubby is not making it better - blames me totally (I know it is my fault!) but desperately need to get resolved today, he's badgering me to call them but I'm trying to be calm, need help

Please don't let him call them - I think you should be honest and tell them that due to the strain your relationship has suffered as a result of the mortgage arrears and your husbands depression, you moved out for a short period of time and had to use the money for accommodation - you had no choice and was embarrassed to admit it. If they do apply for an eviction warrant we will defend again, but you really must realise by now that you have to stick to payment arrangements once they are agreed otherwise you will find yourself in this panic situation again and again, and there is only so many times a judge will be on your side.

If you need help with a letter let me know.

Luckily he was so busy at work he didn't get a chance to call.

He's very stressed and so an I but he handles it very badly.

Yes please if you can help with a letter I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you Ell enn