Wonga formal complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I contacted wonga when the whole FCA thing came out saying that they had lent me money when I couldn't afford it and they had defaulted me and sold my debt on. I asked them when they defaulted me, who owned the alleged debt and that they should take the default off.

The default is registered on callcredit still under Wonga and under Experian it says "Not recorded"!

I got back a few automated emails, then another one generated saying they were looking into it. I left it for a few weeks and then prompted them, didn't hear anything back. Two months later I sent them a formal complaint and never heard anything about it.

I waited 8 weeks and then laid a formal complaint with the FLA as Wonga are members of their association, as well as the FOS.

Within a few hours I got a reponse back from Wonga (The subject had a unique reference in that I gave to the FLa, so I know they forwarded my complaint on to Wonga.

Wonga claims to have sent an email to an address I have not used in nearly 4 years when registered with them, that email no longer exists and bounces if you send it an email. Despite the fact that I had emailed them 4 seperate times in the last 3 months asking for an answer from my current email address that they responded to initially and then ignored!

In this email, they claim to have instructed the CRA's to remove the default. This was in December 2014. checked today and the default is still showing, so called them out on their lie and demanded to have it removed immediately.

Will see what happens. Glad i reported them to the FOS.