style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please tell me should cathy be receive the short term loan? she has been on benefit she is not a new claimant i didn't think swapping from esa contribution-based to IR esa would be that big problems.

Picking up on something antone mentioned on another thread:

[...]it may also be worth requesting a Short Term Benefit Advance if things get desperate. Call centre and processing staff are not supposed to tell claimants that STBA is available - you need to ask.

I'd also suggest contacting the local council and asking about crisis loans (I think they have taken responsibility for these from the DWP).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:Helen2264:

:-x A fragmented system whereby faxes take longer to get sent/received than snail mail and contact centre personnel only have access to limited info about a case!!

Should your friend receive a short term benefit advance? In theory, yes; if there's a delay in processing the ESA3, and you've exhausted the help available from food banks/your local authority, and there's a serious risk to her health. But the sticking point's that LTF1 form, cos until that's been received and processed Jobcentreplus won't confirm your friend's entitlement to income related employment n support as a single claimant.

Unfortunately the only very unsatisfactory, and stressful, response to your situation is pester power. Back to the phone number on the last letter your friend received from Jobcentreplus. Easier said than done, but try to get past the call handler and insist on a call back from an employment n support allowance processor. And as a back up, I'd sent another LTF1 form directly to your friend's benefit delivery centre. (And if you can't afford recorded delivery, at least get a free certificate of posting.)

Good luck, fingers crossed for you, Margaret.

Hello All,

Just trying to clarify something my friend Cathy got an appointment with Ingeus on the 4th February 2014 after 7 months not hearing from them anyway I've just read her letter properly it started that her appoint is at 12.00pm at their Ingeus Office but right down the bottom of the letter in big bold capital letter it says

'Your activities for your next appointment are':

TELEPHONE APPOINTMENT - DO NOT COME IN

I've sent an email last week to the Ingeus Engage advisor asking for a private room for Cathy before realising about the telephone appointment on the letter, the Ingeus adviser never replied to my email anyway.

Can someone please tell me if they've had similar thing been asked not to come in and do the appointment by phone? Also I would say Cathy's benefit has been suspended she is not receiving any benefit at the moment they are still sorting out her ESA3, she was on contribution-based esa and just migrating to esa income related, we are still in hell with it all but has yet to hear from them if she has been awarded income related esa or not.

Now I am worrying about the letter it's very confusing why don't they just state it's a telephone appointment instead of putting time and date of the appointment at their office.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are they going to ring her, or do they expect her to run up a phone bill at their convenience ?

You are right to question the validity of the letter as it does seem to be a bit odd.. Email them back insisting that they ring Cathy at the specified time. If your email programme supports it, tick the box for a "read receipt".

Are they going to ring her, or do they expect her to run up a phone bill at their convenience ?

You are right to question the validity of the letter as it does seem to be a bit odd.. Email them back insisting that they ring Cathy at the specified time. If your email programme supports it, tick the box for a "read receipt".

Thanks for your reply Mr. P. I will send an email to the Ingeus adviser and sent an attachment of their letter with the email and ask for the adviser to make himself clear. She won't be able to go for an appointment because she is so ill and depressed the dwp has suspended cathy's benefit that's another thing I wanted to ask she is receiving no benefit at the moment and cannot afford fare to go to Ingeus office anyway.

Does Cathy still need to go to Ingeus even though her benefit is suspended, I've told Stratford dwp centre that cathy is so very depressed she actually want to kill someone and that not just saying it as most of us would, she actually meant it I've had to tell her off for that and told her she cannot have that sort of thoughts in her mind but she does, I had a phone call from the care home last week her mother actually has hospitalised one of the patient there threw her down the stairs, so violet and mental illness runs in the family, stratford put her case as urgent when I told the guy what cathy said and is going through, I've sent proof of all documents needed about her being homeless in my house the guy said it looks good enough but we won't know sure until her money goes through to her account, she hasn't been paid since december 2013 and what's killing her she may loose her life insurance because she has missed a payment already and that can be cancelled, the dwp never told her in advance about her contribution-based will stop they just stopped her money.

I will complaint about her's and my experience, I've had all my debts people chasing me because I haven't been able to pay them because I am having to feed cathy as well on my benefit income unbelievable how they do not care about people, she cannot get food from the food bank because she is homeless, I cannot get food from the food bank because I am on benefit it's just hell for us at the moment, neither her or I can eat those tin food anyway we both have bad reaction with additives just coincidence!

:-(

[...] that's another thing I wanted to ask she is receiving no benefit at the moment and cannot afford fare to go to Ingeus office anyway.

Does Cathy still need to go to Ingeus even though her benefit is suspended

Ingeus and the rest of them (DWP included) do not care if the claimant can not afford bus/train fares - Their view is "well he/she should have saved some money for the fare or walk instead".

As for attending mandatory appointments, I'm afraid Cathy would have to go. Her benefits are only suspended whilst the claim is under reconsideration/appeal. If the claim had been closed down entirely and no appeal was being considered, then she could ignore any further invites.

Ingeus and the rest of them (DWP included) do not care if the claimant can not afford bus/train fares - Their view is "well he/she should have saved some money for the fare or walk instead".

Under the Human Rights Act they should take notice the fact that they should have sent her a letter of warning about her contribution-based will end and enclose the esa3 form. You will not save fare money when you don't know if you'll have an appointment or not, that Ingeus letter only came few weeks ago and her benefit has already been stopped. I have just sent an email asking the adviser to make himself clear whether cathy need to attend the appointment at Ingeus Office or is it going to be a telephone appointment.

As for attending mandatory appointments, I'm afraid Cathy would have to go. Her benefits are only suspended whilst the claim is under reconsideration/appeal. If the claim had been closed down entirely and no appeal was being considered, then she could ignore any further invites.

The dwp is certainly ignoring The Human Rights act and also not following their own rules and regulations. Oh! I shall handle that Ingeus Adviser, Cathy won't be going she doesn't have any money nor is she well enough to walk to their office which is two bus rides. I've already send email and will call tomorrow morning and re-schedule the appointment.

Keeping fingers crossed her esa get sorted this week, I shall chase them again tomorrow to check progress.

Got email from Ingeus adviser Cathy won't need to go in for her appointment but will have a telephone interview instead. I shall let that adviser know I am making notes about the telephone conversation and will ask for an email confirmation about our conversations, one need to have paper trail. I've also informed that adviser I will be doing most of the talking as I've done at the last appointment.

Now I just need to find out what questions they'll ask over the telephone. I shall be fully alert about their tricky questions and answer those questions in Cathy's favour.

i've had a few telephone interviews, basically she's been 'parked' , they realise they won't get an outcome and are just keeping touch to look as if they're doing their job ticking the boxes etc etc,,typical conversation with me lasted 5 minutes,,you still signing on,yes..still applying for jobs, yes.. anything we can do for you computers printing etc just call in..ok thanks bye

I'd definitely record this 'interview' too if you can. Making notes is fine but you can't beat having an actual recording - always something to hold over Ingeus. Don't tell them you're recording, just do it. If Ingeus had any sense they'd assume they were being recorded anyway.

Hope it all goes well.

GCathy won't need to go in for her appointment but will have a telephone interview instead.

Are they going to ring Cathy, or do they expect you to foot the bill for the call ?

i've had a few telephone interviews, basically she's been 'parked' , they realise they won't get an outcome and are just keeping touch to look as if they're doing their job ticking the boxes etc etc,,typical conversation with me lasted 5 minutes,,you still signing on,yes..still applying for jobs, yes.. anything we can do for you computers printing etc just call in..ok thanks bye

Thanks for your reply, well cathy has been told by Ingeus already she is not fit for work or participate into any of their work programme and that it will be a long while yet before she can their own words, I shall remind the new adviser of that nothing has changed since last june 2013 instead she is worst now since her money has been stopped last money she had was 27th December 2013, because her esa contribution-based ended she is now applying for esa income related.

Never heard of anyone get a an appointment by phone, are they going to ring her. or expect her to ring them?

They rang apparently they had wrong number I only found out by checking my email after 2 hours and a half later, I am surprised they had wrong number the fact that they've rang my house before ummm! in the end I rang them back and booked another telephone interview it is much better for her because they either have to provide a private room or she take her appointment by phone at home.

I'd definitely record this 'interview' too if you can. Making notes is fine but you can't beat having an actual recording - always something to hold over Ingeus. Don't tell them you're recording, just do it. If Ingeus had any sense they'd assume they were being recorded anyway.

Hope it all goes well.

Thanks yes I've found out you can record any phone call either with the dwp or ingeus to your heart content and that I will do , yesterday I had a recorder at the ready. It can be class as 'hearsay evidence' or personal purposes what with her poor memory she will not remember that phone call at all but most important they don't tell a pack of lies.

Are they going to ring Cathy, or do they expect you to foot the bill for the call ?

They were going to ring but apparently had wrong number, I was a bit surprised because they've rang my house couple of times before and I've definitely given them the right numbers. I've scheduled another appointment

They were going to ring but apparently had wrong number, I was a bit surprised because they've rang my house couple of times before and I've definitely given them the right numbers. I've scheduled another appointment

Doesn't surprise me

My local one doesn't have staff that talk to each other about stuff that matters

Ingeus are useless is something you should always remember

They rang apparently they had wrong number I only found out by checking my email after 2 hours and a half later, I am surprised they had wrong number the fact that they've rang my house before ummm! in the end I rang them back and booked another telephone interview it is much better for her because they either have to provide a private room or she take her appointment by phone at home.

This doesn't surprrise me at all, ingeus are useless to say the least! :lol:

Doesn't surprise me

My local one doesn't have staff that talk to each other about stuff that matters

Ingeus are useless is something you should always remember

My local ingeus, most of the staff only work at that office one day a week. i think their is only about 3 staff in the whole place that work there all week, the others seem to move from office to office all week.

Hello All,

Has someone by any chance got the Name of the Frontline Manager/supervisor at the Stratford Benefit Job centre plus.

Cathy still haven't got her money and they keep fobbing us off I want to make a complaint under Maladministration but the stratford office will not give me the manager's name so I can make a complaint, she wants to past my complaint to customer services instead.

They've gone from saying they'll write urgent on her case that was two weeks ago and today the lady just say I'll go downstairs and see what is happening and put the phone down not saying whether she'll call back or let us know.

We are pretty desperate, human and animals are now struggling to eat a decent meal, I am eating the same food for 5 days because we can't afford fresh food for all of us on different days. Cathy cannot get food bank because she is homeless and I cannot get food bank because I am on benefit.

Debts are mounting up she'll probably be loosing her mother's life insurance that she has been paying for the past four years. I am going to write to my local MP and see what help we can have I cannot follow the procedure because I am not given the manager's name of stratford job centre plus.

Thanks in advance

:-(

Thank you so, so much now I need to know which one to go for Cathy is using the same local job centre as myself though we are in barnet borough but for some reason we are seen at Wood Green Job centre plus which is in Haringey but on her letter dealing with her ESA it's at Stratford, Benefit Centre, Nine Elms Lane, London SW95 9AB. Cannot even find this post code SW95 9AB.

I wonder if I should go for Haringey instead. I will write a letter to the MP also and send copies of letters to each of them, I will also ask for copies of everything (Under Data Protection Act) in relation to her claim.

The DWP are unbelievable the woman just fob me off even though I told her we are struggling to eat, I'm having go support cathy because she has no one else to look after her, she is getting worse and worse with her depression which is understandable. I shall go and lie down as I have a very bad chest infection, I rang my doctor this morning the reception put me straight to the doctor because I can barely breath whilst talking to her the stressed is making my asthma worse.

Hopefully we get some help. When cathy get her payment and esa back on I will do my utmost to make people aware of the dwp, the corruption within the office is unbelievable, I came across a whistleblower please see link, I hope I am allowed to put this link on here to make people aware what's going on the more people knows the better.

http://slutocracy.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/interview-with-a-job-centre-advisor-sanction-targets-corruption-revealed/

:(

Thank you so, so much now I need to know which one to go for Cathy is using the same local job centre as myself though we are in barnet borough but for some reason we are seen at Wood Green Job centre plus which is in Haringey but on her letter dealing with her ESA it's at Stratford, Benefit Centre, Nine Elms Lane, London SW95 9AB. Cannot even find this post code SW95 9AB.

I wonder if I should go for Haringey instead. I will write a letter to the MP also and send copies of letters to each of them, I will also ask for copies of everything (Under Data Protection Act) in relation to her claim.

The DWP are unbelievable the woman just fob me off even though I told her we are struggling to eat, I'm having go support cathy because she has no one else to look after her, she is getting worse and worse with her depression which is understandable. I shall go and lie down as I have a very bad chest infection, I rang my doctor this morning the reception put me straight to the doctor because I can barely breath whilst talking to her the stressed is making my asthma worse.

Hopefully we get some help. When cathy get her payment and esa back on I will do my utmost to make people aware of the dwp, the corruption within the office is unbelievable, I came across a whistleblower please see link, I hope I am allowed to put this link on here to make people aware what's going on the more people knows the better.

http://slutocracy.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/interview-with-a-job-centre-advisor-sanction-targets-corruption-revealed/

:(

Hmm, the Manager at Stratford E15 JCP is Lorraine Richmond, but I can't see Stratford JCP itself having anything to do with the claim.

Stratford, Benefit Centre, Nine Elms Lane, London SW95 9AB isn't a JCP it's a DWP Benefits Decision Centre sorting office, it deals with ESA claims for my area as well which is Stratford E15 although the postcode is different SW95 9AA it diverts mail to respective BDC's.

You need to find out the office that actually processes the claim, in my case it's:

Glasgow Benefit Centre

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1BZ

They deal with London claims ( I know, it seems very odd that Glasgow would be handling claims for London but they do!).

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.