style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you so much Margaret and 45002 for your replies appreciate it, I've downloaded the ESA3 form and will fill it in and send it Monday 13th the latest, the lady on the phone told me it will take 5 days before we receive the form thanks goodness for the internet I can just download and send it sooner. It looks to be the case DWP has stopped telling people in advance when to claim on form ESA3 because I came across a thread someone mentioned about being told 6 weeks in advance.

Yes I've heard about the govt deliberately ensuring claimants and even their own staff doesn't know about the Short Term Loan Benefit, Cameron got the cheek to say the vulnerable and needy are cared for. I've also just seen on a thread the Council now have Crisis Loan instead of the DWP, lol the problem is Cathy is actually homeless staying with me my Local Authority is aware and she has heard nothing about being re-housed, my local council did say they were going to send her back to islington borough council and she received a letter in december from islington saying they will no longer assist her.

The only thing she has now is an ongoing Housing Case 'long story' which was checked by a barrister if she has a case against islington council and was told by the barrister she has and can win a potential of a six figures lump sum of money thank goodness that case can be open at anytime because there are no time limit on it, but as yet I cannot do anything because Cathy has been so ill with her mental illness, hopefully this year I can get the ball rolling for her but for now she has not even two pennies to rub together so I am helping her.

Thank you both again and hoping life can only get a little better one of these days.

Helen

Out of interest,where has your friend Cathy been living all this time !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With me since her mother had to go in a care home it's been three years now I took her to my local council then to apply for accommodation they told us she will be referred back to islington the fact that she has been living with me by then was 6 months, everything is changing so fast I cannot catch up anymore or no what's going on!

I've kept letters of everything should my council ask why she is living with me, also she has a letters from islington agreeing that she is homeless they came and inspect my home and was happy with everything but she was not in priority needs according to them. I guess the authorities are happy they do not need to fork out money for accommodation for her. She is still homeless and now more ill with her mental health it will be impossible for her to stay in a flat of her own as she cannot cope with anything even Ingeus has seen that proof, it does make life easy when proof are there.

With me since her mother had to go in a care home it's been three years now I took her to my local council then to apply for accommodation they told us she will be referred back to islington the fact that she has been living with me by then was 6 months, everything is changing so fast I cannot catch up anymore or no what's going on!

I've kept letters of everything should my council ask why she is living with me, also she has a letters from islington agreeing that she is homeless they came and inspect my home and was happy with everything but she was not in priority needs according to them. I guess the authorities are happy they do not need to fork out money for accommodation for her. She is still homeless and now more ill with her mental health it will be impossible for her to stay in a flat of her own as she cannot cope with anything even Ingeus has seen that proof, it does make life easy when proof are there.

3 years

OK,Thanks ...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Can someone please tell me if the ESA3 can be fill by computer and send off, I've download the form but cannot seems to be able to fill in using Adobe Acrobat Pdf, I'm just wondering if you are only allowed to fill the form by hand, I've managed to fill the ESA50 form on computer then print it and sent off but form ESA3 I cannot?

Thanks

Helen

I had a quick look at that form yesterday (it's one h**l of a monster at 52 pages !!) - The copy I looked at is password protected to prevent it being printed or edited, but that didn't stop me from removing the password protection :wof:

There are quite a few web sites that will do the job for you, but if all else fails, I can email you a copy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

:Helen2264, and anyone else who's looking for an ESA3 form:

CAG's copy of an ESA3 form was donated by a very helpful contributor from her own clean paper copy, sent to her by Jobcentreplus. A download and print of our copy replicates her paper copy, and has to be completed with a pen.

For reasons best known to themselves, Jobcentreplus have declined to put an electronic version of an ESA3 form on the internet. Which would be fine if they had a ready supply of the paper version. Unfortunately they often run out of the paper version for months at a time. :evil:

Margaret.

I had a quick look at that form yesterday (it's one h**l of a monster at 52 pages !!) - The copy I looked at is password protected to prevent it being printed or edited, but that didn't stop me from removing the password protection :wof:

There are quite a few web sites that will do the job for you, but if all else fails, I can email you a copy.

Thank you ever so much, I would be most grateful to receive a copy by email, I've sent you a PM with my email address.

Appreciate your help always.

:Helen2264, and anyone else who's looking for an ESA3 form:

CAG's copy of an ESA3 form was donated by a very helpful contributor from her own clean paper copy, sent to her by Jobcentreplus. A download and print of our copy replicates her paper copy, and has to be completed with a pen.

For reasons best known to themselves, Jobcentreplus have declined to put an electronic version of an ESA3 form on the internet. Which would be fine if they had a ready supply of the paper version. Unfortunately they often run out of the paper version for months at a time. :evil:

Margaret.

Thank you Margaret for your reply, I am no longer surprised to what length the DWP is going to make life extremely difficult for claimants, I wish something will happen to stop DWP treating people worse than animal, I've just read an article on FB the dwp told a claimant they cannot claim esa or get in the support group because they have caused their own cancer illness! How shocking.

:-x

Can someone please tell me how long does it take for the ESA3 form to be process, my friend Cathy is getting quite desperate now for money the last payment she had was 27th December 2013 because her ESA Contribution-based end 31st December 2012.

I helping her by sharing my food and stuff but with my Income Support coming in every two weeks things are getting quite desperate. I am amazed how the dwp can just stopped people money without warning and expect people to live on nothing unbelievable! They should warm people I remember when she first migrate to ESA I saw briefly in her letter about contribution-based last for 365 days and of course you don't think about putting that on the calender at the time it was a whole year before her ESA stopped as I do all her stuff you can't think 100% all the times. Also another thing now she is getting worked up about is her prescriptions, she is on so many different medications for her depression, heart problems and other things, does she gets free prescriptions on ESA Income-Related or does she still have to get those prescription certificate as before she was paying a monthly fee of £10.40?

Thanks in advance

Helen

Also another thing now she is getting worked up about is her prescriptions, she is on so many different medications

Can't comment on how long the DWP take to process an ESA3... However, some good news for Cathy in respect to prescription charges. Even if ESA is withdrawn, she can still get free prescriptions by filling out a HC1. The criteria for getting exemption is broadly similar to other benefits, so she should be eligible.

For more information, see: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/nhs-low-income-scheme.aspx

The HC1 pack can be ordered through: https://apps.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/LISWebAppStaticData/performAddressSearch.do

As it is the NHS processing the paperwork, they should be a little faster than the DWP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

:Helen2264:

Target time for Jobcentreplus to process an ESA3 is ten to fifteen working days from when they've got a correctly completed form and all the evidence they need about income, savings, etcetera.

If you and your friend are getting desperate for food or heating, she should think about applying for a short term benefit advance. But be prepared to explain why a food bank or your local authority can't help.

Once your friend has an award letter for income related employment n support, she'll have automatic entitlement to full help with health costs. Outstanding payments of her pre payment arrangement for prescriptions can be cancelled by sending the card, with a copy of the award letter, back to the issuing authority.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Can someone please tell me how long does it take for the ESA3 form to be process, my friend Cathy is getting quite desperate now for money the last payment she had was 27th December 2013 because her ESA Contribution-based end 31st December 2012.

I helping her by sharing my food and stuff but with my Income Support coming in every two weeks things are getting quite desperate. I am amazed how the dwp can just stopped people money without warning and expect people to live on nothing unbelievable! They should warm people I remember when she first migrate to ESA I saw briefly in her letter about contribution-based last for 365 days and of course you don't think about putting that on the calender at the time it was a whole year before her ESA stopped as I do all her stuff you can't think 100% all the times. Also another thing now she is getting worked up about is her prescriptions, she is on so many different medications for her depression, heart problems and other things, does she gets free prescriptions on ESA Income-Related or does she still have to get those prescription certificate as before she was paying a monthly fee of £10.40?

Thanks in advance

Helen

Don't know how long the claim will take ...

Anyone awarded ESA/JSA Income-Related or Income support just fills out the back of the prescription where it says ESA/JSA Income-Related/Income support and sign it.

No need to fill out HC1 if awarded the above benefits ...

Back of a prescription,below

http://www.murrays.co.uk/img/englishprescription.png

Edited by 45002

Don't know how long the claim will take ...

Anyone awarded ESA/JSA Income-Related or Income support just fills out the back of the prescription where it says ESA/JSA Income-Related/Income support and sign it.

No need to fill out HC1 if awarded the above benefits ...

Back of a prescription,below

http://www.murrays.co.uk/img/englishprescription.png

Thank you for your reply at least that's one thing will put Cathy's mind at rest, I shall ring up the dwp for her tomorrow to find out how long the esa3 will take to process, she will be due another payment next friday and I hope they will pay her for the 10th January also!

:)

http://www.trusseltrust.org to find your nearest food bank to get food supply for 3 days.

With evidence that the benefit has been stopped [bank statement, mini statement, disallowance letter] you need to go to your GP or to the Citizens Advice Bureau where they give you a food voucher which you take to the food bank after checking their opening days / hours on the net.

Also, now the council is supposed to help you with emergencies like this: it replaced the DWP Crisis Loan. You get Post Office stamps for food and utilities and cash it at the post office [£60 alltogether a girl up here got from her council].

Can't you be your friend's full time carer since she lives at yours anyway and needs support and help. No clue about carer's allowance but one thing is sure: it's money.

DWP normally sends post second class so you notice the lack of money in the account sooner than receiving the letter, which is annoying for all of us.

Actually, it's http://www.trusseltrust.org/foodbank-projects

Registered / statutory homeless can have hot meals at day centres.

Google "homeless day centre [name of your town]"

I volunteered with Crisis at Christmas in London and the food was first class.

Your friend may not want to go [on her own] but if you say you want to check it out, it's worth a try.

I thought of the latter as a last resort if both of you run out of money. The community and the government donates to these centres so we need to make use of them if needs be.

Hello Everyone,

I spoke to the dwp this morning and last week also asking about Cathy's ESA3 and was told they haven't received it both times the lady today told me it might be the post office's fault to ring them up and see if they've sent the form to them of course the post office saying they have sent the form to the dwp as it was sent by recorded delivery, anyway after telling her that cathy hasn't had any money since 27th december 2013 things are getting a bit desperate, I had to mention about the short term loan benefit which the dwp lady said she was processing on the phone whilst I speak to her and that someone will ring in 24 hours to let me know if she is able to receive that or not, I told her then about cathy's desperation and that she is becoming more ill because she cannot afford to have a proper cooked hot meal which she need with her medications, also she suffers badly with starvation migraine and is becoming seriously ill.

After telling her what would she do if her wage just stopped suddenly and what situation she will found herself in her tone of voice changed, to my surprise I received another phone call in less than the hour of making the phone call and the chap was ok and told me yes they have received the esa3 which was a shock to me as the lady insisted the form is not with them and he too told me he is processing the esa3 whilst I am talking to him and that it's all done, he asked me couple of questions and I told her she is homeless in my home and that she is not a lodger, I do not take any rent from her, nor does she claim any housing benefit.

He told me that cathy now need to fill in a Form LTF1 about whether we are living together or she is a lodger which I told him certainly not, she is homeless staying at my place, I have stated in her ESA50 due to her mental illness, I do all the cooking, washing the reason being anyway she left the grill on and went out totally forgot that she put the grill on, nor do I let her using the washing machine as everything she touches I get problem.

I will tell them the truth so I am hoping because I am doing everything that they don't think we are a couple what ever way they are looking at it, I have told the dwp chap I have proof, papers should they wish it. He's told me to fill in the LTF1 form and address it to him so it can be done very quick and that I can hand it to my local job centre so they can process it internally instead of sending it to stratford then it will take 10 days for him to get it, he seems nice enough and told me everything is done and that he is just putting her money on hold until he get that form then he will put the money through her bank account.

I am trying to download the LTF1 form but cannot find it anywhere can someone please tell me where I can download it, I might try to ring my job centre before I go in case they don't have it there as he has already warn me not all job centre keep the form LTF1. Life is certainly like a roller coaster at the moment and of course cathy is now petrified, I told her she has nothing to worry about as we haven't done anything wrong.

If anyone can tell us where we can download the LTF1 that would be great.

thanks in advance

helen

Sorry, I think this is one they send to you, I certainly haven't seen it anywhere online.

Thanks for the quick reply appreciate it, the chap did mention about him sending the form to cathy but he said to try and get it from the job centre, I hope I can pick it up from my local job centre, he said I can then fill it in and hand it to my local dwp they then will process it internally then it'll be quick to process he'll put the money through, he even gave his name to make sure the form is send to him, so perhaps some of them are human after all.

But we shall wait and see. Has anyone else filled in a form LTF1 that would be helpful so I know what to expect, he also told me to go today but I have a nasty migraine myself with all the stress and only fit to go and lie down, I shall get the form sorted tomorrow.

Hello Everyone,

I spoke to the dwp this morning and last week also asking about Cathy's ESA3 and was told they haven't received it both times the lady today told me it might be the post office's fault to ring them up and see if they've sent the form to them of course the post office saying they have sent the form to the dwp as it was sent by recorded delivery, anyway after telling her that cathy hasn't had any money since 27th december 2013 things are getting a bit desperate, I had to mention about the short term loan benefit which the dwp lady said she was processing on the phone whilst I speak to her and that someone will ring in 24 hours to let me know if she is able to receive that or not, I told her then about cathy's desperation and that she is becoming more ill because she cannot afford to have a proper cooked hot meal which she need with her medications, also she suffers badly with starvation migraine and is becoming seriously ill.

After telling her what would she do if her wage just stopped suddenly and what situation she will found herself in her tone of voice changed, to my surprise I received another phone call in less than the hour of making the phone call and the chap was ok and told me yes they have received the esa3 which was a shock to me as the lady insisted the form is not with them and he too told me he is processing the esa3 whilst I am talking to him and that it's all done, he asked me couple of questions and I told her she is homeless in my home and that she is not a lodger, I do not take any rent from her, nor does she claim any housing benefit.

He told me that cathy now need to fill in a Form LTF1 about whether we are living together or she is a lodger which I told him certainly not, she is homeless staying at my place, I have stated in her ESA50 due to her mental illness, I do all the cooking, washing the reason being anyway she left the grill on and went out totally forgot that she put the grill on, nor do I let her using the washing machine as everything she touches I get problem.

I will tell them the truth so I am hoping because I am doing everything that they don't think we are a couple what ever way they are looking at it, I have told the dwp chap I have proof, papers should they wish it. He's told me to fill in the LTF1 form and address it to him so it can be done very quick and that I can hand it to my local job centre so they can process it internally instead of sending it to stratford then it will take 10 days for him to get it, he seems nice enough and told me everything is done and that he is just putting her money on hold until he get that form then he will put the money through her bank account.

I am trying to download the LTF1 form but cannot find it anywhere can someone please tell me where I can download it, I might try to ring my job centre before I go in case they don't have it there as he has already warn me not all job centre keep the form LTF1. Life is certainly like a roller coaster at the moment and of course cathy is now petrified, I told her she has nothing to worry about as we haven't done anything wrong.

If anyone can tell us where we can download the LTF1 that would be great.

thanks in advance

helen

Thanks for the quick reply appreciate it, the chap did mention about him sending the form to cathy but he said to try and get it from the job centre, I hope I can pick it up from my local job centre, he said I can then fill it in and hand it to my local dwp they then will process it internally then it'll be quick to process he'll put the money through, he even gave his name to make sure the form is send to him, so perhaps some of them are human after all.

But we shall wait and see. Has anyone else filled in a form LTF1 that would be helpful so I know what to expect, he also told me to go today but I have a nasty migraine myself with all the stress and only fit to go and lie down, I shall get the form sorted tomorrow.

For Reference

OP Previous post on Cathy http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?414666-ESA-stopped-without-notice-urgent

LTF1 is

an 'information about people living with you' form (LTF1) from what some else posted on mse http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4027427

I think ?

Can't find a download for this form ....

For Reference

OP Previous post on Cathy http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?414666-ESA-stopped-without-notice-urgent

LTF1 is

an 'information about people living with you' form (LTF1) from what some else posted on mse http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4027427

I think ?

Can't find a download for this form ....

Thank you for the links, me neither can't download that form, the chap said it was straight forward form and by the look of the link you've posted and from the questions about the LTF1 form it seems not that bad to fill in, I can answer them without problem or worry, Cathy eat different times from me everyday, though I cook her food because she is not allowed to use my cooker, so she waits until I cook the food for her, I cook my food separate from her and eat in my bedroom, we don't eat the same food anyway and thanks god I've never ask her for any money for rent or bills they can check that if they wish, I've not long has to show my council my bank statements and they can see only my benefits money goes in, and all cathy have is her benefit and nothing else they can check that too.

As mentioned before in my other post before I knew about the LTF1 form she has taken over my lounge and I keep to my bedroom hopefully tomorrow I get that form sorted and her esa3 then we can have some peace and quiet even if it means one hours would be nice stress free!

Thank you

:)

Just an update got the LTF1 form from the job centre it's just a thin two pages form nothing much in it just have questions like 'About you' and 'About People living with you' a very nice chap at my my local job centre is going to email the form to the other dwp at stratford who is waiting for that form then cathy's money should go to her account within 24 hours as everything has been processed and on hold until they get the LTF1 form, my local job centre the lady I spoke to have never heard about LTF1 form it took me ten times to tell her my post code, name and address and poor Cathy was started to have a panic attack with worry because I had to shout a bit over the phone to the dwp lady to give those information!

How shocking!

Just an update got the LTF1 form from the job centre it's just a thin two pages form nothing much in it just have questions like 'About you' and 'About People living with you' a very nice chap at my my local job centre is going to email the form to the other dwp at stratford who is waiting for that form then cathy's money should go to her account within 24 hours as everything has been processed and on hold until they get the LTF1 form, my local job centre the lady I spoke to have never heard about LTF1 form it took me ten times to tell her my post code, name and address and poor Cathy was started to have a panic attack with worry because I had to shout a bit over the phone to the dwp lady to give those information!

How shocking!

Good to see your getting it sorted,keep us posted on CAG ...

Just keeping you all posted, I went to my local job centre yesterday to handing in the LTF1 form as suggested by Alf from Stratford dwp, he said take the form and ask them to email it to stratford instead of posting it, because it will take another two weeks to come through. I've told my local job centre to ensure that the email are sent today because someone is waiting for it at stratford and that cathy hasn't received any money since 27th december 2013 they assured me it will be done the same day.

Today I rang stratford just to see if the email has got through the woman i spoke to said it hasn't gone through, I've explained to her what I was told last friday that cathy esa3 has been processed and that she has now been put on Income related esa all they were waiting for is the form LTF1 and that the money will be put straight into her account but everything has changed the dwp told me cathy is not on any benefit at all and still waiting for the decision maker, she doesn't if cathy is entitled to esa income related, nor is she allowed to get short term loan benefit because she is not on any benefit. I am finding it all bizarre the fact that cathy was on esa contribution-based and just swap over to IR esa.

After much arguement she mentioned food banks and I told her cathy cannot eat processed food because of her kidney stone problems and sever migraine those processed food in tin don't agree with her, I've also told her it's beginning to affect my health as well because I am having to feed her and my son on just my money which I get every two weeks. the woman told me to complaints which I told her this is a matter of life and death situation, you stop someone money without notice or warning how to you expect a person to live on nothing there isn't time for complaints but I will take law matter to hand, I've been holding on paying my bills and debt now everyone is chasing me and I cannot hold them much longer.

The dwp cannot just stop people money and expect them to survive it doesn't only affect the person they stop the money but anyone else who is supporting those people without money the problem just get bigger and bigger.

Can someone please tell me should cathy be receive the short term loan? she has been on benefit she is not a new claimant i didn't think swapping from esa contribution-based to IR esa would be that big problems.

:(