Return to work interview

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a quick question;

I've been off work for two weeks & wanted to rtw tomorrow, (I've worked there just over a year) not had any warnings / been late ect)

Despite being told that was fine this morning I've just been phone by another person

& told I cant rtw till I've been interviewed & an appointment has been made for Wednesday with the manager..… I've never heard of anywhere I've worked doing this… anyone else heard of this?

Only thing I can think of that might be an issue is that I've emailed them whilst I've been sick (to let them know I was going to dr's & that I would be off, also let them know what was wrong/what was going on next dr's appointment ect) emailing was easier than trying to ring as no one answers the phone & meant I had proof I'd been in contact

Thanks for any help x

Hi turbo guru

Thanks for the reply;

It's an independent business (80 staff max) & no one had had one to my knowledge...

I've worked there over a year & never seen or been given a staff handbook or had access to one is in regards to following a "procedure" (like me emailing not ringing)

Would they be able to make a big issue of it?

The place has only been open since October 2013, were onto our third manager already, apparently she said in a staff meeting (which I did not attend) that she would be "cracking down" on sickness (this is my 1st absence in 10+ months)

I know other members of staff have been off but none of them mentioned any sort of rtw interview or had one?

I emailed them this morning to say I would be back tomorrow, have been off sick… the 1st person who replied said that was fine glad ur better… then recieved a call several hours later from another person, she said I couldn't return to work, till I had had a return to work interview with the manager.

Like I've said in previous post I've never heard of any company doing this, it's normally done on the day you say ur going to return (if at all) maybe I'm reading too much into it? But I find it very strange that they would do this especially as this morning everything was fine for me to return tomorrow, now I have to have a meeting to return which by the way didn't mention earlier but it's not till 1.30pm (I work early shifts so obviously not working Wednesday either)

I emailed them this morning to say I would be back tomorrow, have been off sick… the 1st person who replied said that was fine glad ur better… then recieved a call several hours later from another person, she said I couldn't return to work, till I had had a return to work interview with the manager.

Like I've said in previous post I've never heard of any company doing this, it's normally done on the day you say ur going to return (if at all) maybe I'm reading too much into it? But I find it very strange that they would do this especially as this morning everything was fine for me to return tomorrow, now I have to have a meeting to return which by the way didn't mention earlier but it's not till 1.30pm (I work early shifts so obviously not working Wednesday either)

I had the same happen to me though i was off for a month but i wasn't allowed back until my doctor had signed me fit to work and i had a back to work interview and then I was allowed back on a phased return. Being off for a month is classed as long term sick so there may be a little bit of a difference to your circumstances but I wouldn't worry go to the meeting see what they have to say take it from there.

Hi peterm41,

Thanks for you reply

Yeah trying not to worry but I've seen how they've treated others there too…

Just find it funny that it was ok to return this morning but by 4pm it wasn't & that I'm not actually going to be in work beforehand.... I've an appointment at 1.30pm with the manager……

that's normal in many roles, esp. driving/ engineering where an ill person may do themselves harm

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi all,I have yet another issue at work!

The last one was a return to work issue, had some earache from new manager over some stuff that had gone on/ bull**** but everything fine on that front & currently back at work!

So in this return to work, I was basically told I now have to move from a mon-fri :am shift to mixed shifts 5/7 & would like to know where I stand, I've been there 1 year & 4 months, I have no contract (they have sent 3 out up to press all wrong so not signed or returned) I was told in my initial interview prodomently mon - fri, 7-3's which is what I do (we are now onto our third manager & have nothing in writing)

Would applicate any advise 😄

less than 2 years service = no tribunal route for you unless discrimination under protected characteristics under the equality act occurs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi sabre sheep,

Well the other part of this is that there is another colleague who is classed as the same as me, I've been told her shift pattern won't be changing!

Which I feel if the change is needed then it should be across the board not just me having to change my shifts I feel it is unfair.

Hi everyone,

Yes I am an employee (not self-employed)

The contract thing - after we had been there for a year they issued everyone with a contract they were all wrong so no one signed them, for them to be issued twice more again all wrong, so again I didn't sign mine but have raised the issue with the contract & the management are fully aware, also no staff handbook, never seen one & never been given one... Nor has anyone else

Hi everyone,

Yes I am an employee (not self-employed)

The contract thing - after we had been there for a year they issued everyone with a contract they were all wrong so no one signed them, for them to be issued twice more again all wrong, so again I didn't sign mine but have raised the issue with the contract & the management are fully aware, also no staff handbook, never seen one & never been given one... Nor has anyone else

Thank you. You've posted in the self-employment forum. I'll move you to the employment one and leave you a short term link to follow.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do you have a good reason for needing weekends off (other than "I don't fancy it?")

If yes, flexible working request; if not, gonna have to live with it

No inventing religious beliefs, either!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Nic, I've merged your new thread with one of your old ones. It's better to stick with one thread for your problems; apart from anything else, the people trying to advise you can see the history of your problem and this gives them the information they need.

Please stick to this thread for your current employer. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum