style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

rossendale baliffs-council tax issues can anybody adivse me or help me please.

brief outlay of the situation..

my council tax defaulted in july and then i was taken to court without knowledge

then a earnings attachemnt sent to my ex employer where i dont work anymore and have been out of work since then..i then the baliffs visit noword of warning.

i then had a baliffs visit lastweek and the lucky sod gained entry into my flat by following me in after i had been outside..

i have been told to pay without delay or else he will load his van up... what am i supposed to do as the baliffs have now inflated the price by £159 for one visit..this isnt right at all and their conduct is shocking..i asked for a breakdown of charges but again nothing explained just a final amount total of plus fees of £159..so in total i now owe £1066 payable now.

what options do i have as i owe £1066 now and they theyr hasseling me now..i tired to ring the council but they refused to take my call...do i have any so called rights or am i dun for? any help asap would be appreciated as the worry is mounting.. rossendales are pure vermin and even laugh at you on the phone..can we take any action.the charges are totally wrong ive been told by cab.

Sorry to hear of your problems, the best I can advise would be to go to your local CAB office and get advice. Wish, I could be of more help. I am sure some of our more knowledgable friends will be along soon to help you out....

Stay positive

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

the problems is the charges..if they would only justify them and again the council have not followed the corredt proceedures ..how do i take the council to court as they clearly are not interested in talking or listening.they r as bad as the baliffs.

If are out of work you should check to see what the situation is regarding council tax benefits etc They may be billing you for money you weren't supposed to be paying.

If you do owe try and get it taken back to the court and explain your situation.

Speak to the CAB and get some advice before paying them anything.

As for the bailiffs just keep your doors/windows locked and tell them you are seeking advice.

hopefully on monday my parents r paying but still the charges are made up so i need some help in getting these back and also can i ask why leeds city council have forced to pay in full in council tax when we only several months into this years..i would have bringing the account up to date was the way forward.also if the council tax starts in APRIL how come i was incourt so quickly in july for non payment.

Council tax is supposed to be paid at the start of the year. They do allow you to

pay by instalments, but if you fall behind, it all becomes due.

It is strange that both the notices from the Council and the Court [and possibly

the bailiff ] all failed to be delivered yet the bailiffs appear to have found you pretty quickly. I am also surprised that an earnings attachment was made

straight away.

You could try and contact the Court and claim that you did not receive the

Court notification, and ask if they will rehear your case as you would have appeared the first time had you known of it. They should agree as it is a right

that you should be heard before sentencing.

[There is a special form I think you have to complete].

Once you get the Court hearing, the bailiff will have to hold off-probably best if

you tell the Court how far down the line the bailiffs have got, so that they don't

take your stuff in the meantime.

At the Court hearing, they will ask for a financial statement from you-income, outgoings etc and will come up with a repayment plan with you-which you MUST

stick to.

You will have to work fast to contact the Court-probably best to see them in person

and persevere in order to get your case reheard. If successful, see if you can get something in writing to show the bailiffs that your present case is halted.

Bailiffs are not allowed to charge for sending a letter [which could be why you didn't get one], first visit they can charge £22.50 and the second visit £16.50

plus £11 for the walking possession. If you make an arrangement to repay with

the bailiffs and keep to it, they should not return to take your goods.

Under the Human Rights Act 1998, they do not have that right anyway, even though they may have that right under other Acts. If you can, it might be worth

talking to your council to see what their policy is on bailiffs taking your possesions. You may have to write to them advising them that they would be in breach of the

Human Rights Act 1998 protocol 1 [1]by allowing the bailiffs to remove your goods

as the protocol 1 [1] states that you have the right to peaceful enjoyment of

your possessions. That means that regardless of other acts in force, you should

not be forced to have your possessions taken from you. Or not right now. If

over a period of time, it became clear that you had no intention of paying the fine

[and not because financially you were unable to pay] then it is possible that

bailiffs could take your goods, but it would be as a last resort and very doubtful

in your present position.

Obviously you will need to see the Citizens advice bureau, which isn't easy when

you are in a hurry.

If you can get a ruling from the council, let the bailiffs know that they cannot

take your goods.

Rossendales, uselessdales more like

I am sorry that you have to deal with these idiots, I too had dealings with this company, totally unhelpful, arrogant Bailiff MR WOOD, I was charged £72.50 for him to turn up at my house at 6.30 am claiming to take my belongings, but did not even knock to discuss (he had no intention of doing so), refused to accept standing order payments so I had to take time off work to go to the bank.

Try all that has been advised to you, but be warned uselessdales will not help you at all.

10/3 Preliminary letter sent to bank

17/3 Acknowledgment letter recieved from bank

24/3 LBA letter sent to bank

19/5 Claim filed with court

10/6 Defence filed by bank

13/6 Allocation form filed with court

18/10 Preliminary hearing set by court for 10/11

21/10 documents for claim filed with court

3/11 Money deposited in account

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

If you are on benefits then the council can apply to have £2.90 a week deducted from your benefits. i take it that you are recieving council tax benefit ? if so write a letter to the council and tell them. they will ask the ba to stop £2.90 a week from your benefits. do this asap and also tell the bailiff firm your are on benefit. this will get them off your back. if possible drop your letter off in person or go to one of thier public call offices.

i hae claimed no benifits at all... i lost my job in at the end of june...recieved no letters from council at all then a baliff appears...

i want to take the council to court and then screw rossendales for overcharging ..they also tell lie after lie..we have photo eveidence of them claiming to be in a van when infact the guy wass in an astra..its disgusting..

an update for you all.

thank god its now been paid by bank transfer direct to to baliffs..

but its get funny now..

i challenged the charges and he was stunned..told him direct i knew he/she had overcharged me.then the baliff says how much did u pay isaid ex amount then he says its short by£20...but on thursday it was short by £41..its actually reducing or is it the baliff cant remeber which amount he made up in his head.? we all know the answer..then i brought up the matter van charges etc they were stunned..god they r in for a shock now...they even claimed the first visit charge was an abandonned visit fee!! what the hell is that...then he say 149 for a £110 for a van charge but that was his/hers first visit to me.so i told he can only charge the legal rate,again they went quiet..the admitted to nothing but know now im on their case...A WIN FOR THE MORAL AND A FURTHER STEP FOR PUBLIC JUSTICE....WE ALL REALLY NEED TO SORT THESE BALIFFS OUT..THE PUBLIC REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW HOW THEY DEAL UNDERHAND AND DO ANYTHING BUT TELL THE TRUTH.

Well done for standing up to them :) Now thats it's paid look into what benefits you can get while unemployed. There's no point paying tax you don't owe.

...CHEERS FOR THAT..I NOW INTEND TO GO BIG TIME INTO THEM AS THEY OWE ME FOR 2 LOTS OF COUNCIL TAX ALL FULLY PAID UP..ON BOTH OCCSIONS THEY OVERCHARGE BY IN TOTAL £400..I WANT THAT BACK AS THEY R A DISGRACE..GOING YO MY LOCAL NEWSPAPER TOMORROW AS THEY HAVE A LEGAL SECTION IN THE PAPER EACH WEEK FEATURING SOME UNLUCKY SOD LIKE ME!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Read this thread. Mght put you on the right track. Click my scales if you are seriously shocked about the information here !!!

• 1 year later...

Notice of Seizure by High Court Enforcement Officer

hi..

some urgent advice required.

we had ajudgement against me for £3300 (sole trader ).. i admit to this and rang the legal comany and arrnaged a repayment plan of £295 per month. they thensaid they would have to send out an attachement of earnings which we never recieved .then on the 1st of may we

recieved a letter at my business premises from a high court officer shoved through our letter informing me my goods haver been seized ..we were closed he didnot enter our shop.. he then left a 3 page document with usual court office writ info etc.

then we called them..no answer so we an answer phone message .thery ignored it and turned up again 5 days later andcharging me £150 per visit plus milege etc is this the game they play by not returnrnig calls andthenturning up after contacting them.. so we arranged a payment plan but i refused to sign any paper work until ive a solcitor on monday afternoon.

i agian paid some funds in today and called up the officer who again doesnt answer the phone. we left a message again. no doubt he turn up again andchargeeven more fees..

thefeesin total are over £1035 ..ive calledtheir main office who simply wrote down addtional costs£650 the rest of break down i can agree to from ive seen. but extra charges are so un justifed andthis after one visit when we were closed.

what can i do to stop them. im distraught and very worried to say the least i did make the 1st payment today of £300

can someone tell me if i can tae this back into court..i feel bullied...

You can indeed take this back to the court. You need to apply to have the judgent set aside and the warrant of Execution stayed. You need to make this application in the County Court where Judgment was granted. The court may refuse your application. This will of course depend on the grounds.

A High Court Enforcment Officer CANNOT force entry into your premises.

Clearly he has NOT levied upon goods and you MUST challenge him on this.

I would now suggest writing to the company to complain at this and ask for a complete breakdown of the fees and chares and you need to state that you will be looking at detailed assessment of their bill.

Only pay what you can afford. Do NOT let him in and do NOT let him levy on any goods. Remove your car or vehicle ASAP.

There is a complaints procedure for HCEO's and you can make a formal complaint. I would suggest that you do this.....once you have received a response to your Subject Access Request.

on their 2nd visit they did enter the premises,does this alter the breaking in clause,

also they have insisted on invoices tyo prove some of stock isnt paid for and on sale or return, do i have to provide this and sick of their threats..

i received an answer phone message on saturday form the office stating they will remove my goods unless i send it in proving it.. thisd stinks ,ive arrange a payment plan what more do they want ..threat after threat..

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i have arrears on my council taxfor thisyear and i have last years as well to pay. the council has passed it to baliffs and now thebaliff is hassling me for payment in full which i dont have.

i called the council who point blank refused to deal with me or the case insisting i deal with the baliff. i have not let the baliff into my property andhasadvsied thecouncil i shallrefuse to deal with him and have offered a reasonable repayment to the council who refused it . ihave not earnt any wages for 3 months now and asselfemplyed business is very quiet due to thecredit crunch.

can anybody help me here as getting worried about my situation and baliffs who keep calling round parking outside our property watching day and night my neighbour reported to me..

the baliff wants full payment.. i cant give it and dont have it to give.my bank shows im zero in credit and have addtional debts of 20k secured on my proeprty already

any good advice please.

Several months ago as Neighbourhood Watch coordinator, I saw two men sitting in a white van parked outside next door. I knew she wasn't in so I went out with a camera and took numerous photographs of the vehicle, numberplates tax disc and its occupants. The driver wound down the window questioning what I was doing and I explained they have been seen acting suspiciously and I was collecting evidence. I explained that while loitering is not an offence, any crime reported and I will hand their mugshots to Police. They quickly drove off.

My neighbour explained they were bailiffs collecting council tax and they were intimidating her. I came to this forum for suggestions and I told her to pay online. I printed off a letter from here giving a schedule of payments she can afford and another letter to the bailiffs saying that entry is denied. Her solicitor took over and asked for my photos. She issued notice to the bailiff they must quit harassing or they will face legal action under Section 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

We never heard anything more, the council accepted online payments and the bailiffs moved on.

i have arrears on my council taxfor thisyear and i have last years as well to pay. the council has passed it to baliffs and now thebaliff is hassling me for payment in full which i dont have.

i called the council who point blank refused to deal with me or the case insisting i deal with the baliff.

That's quite normal

i have not let the baliff into my property andhasadvsied thecouncil i shallrefuse to deal with him and have offered a reasonable repayment to the council who refused it .

That's good, you obviously know that they don't have the right of forced entry unless you have let them in previously and if you have a vehicle you know (I hope) that you should park it away from your property.

Offering to pay the council won't help at this stage, although you should pay what you can online direct to the council.

ihave not earnt any wages for 3 months now and asselfemplyed business is very quiet due to thecredit crunch.

Now here's the difficult bit - have you considered going on benefit until you start to get enough enquiries to justify operating again - you don't say what you do but I suspect it's one of the trades.

If the bailiffs can't get in, and can't get any money from you, they will eventually hand it back to the council.

can anybody help me here as getting worried about my situation and baliffs who keep calling round parking outside our property watching day and night my neighbour reported to me..

You getting worried is exactly what they want.

Several months ago as Neighbourhood Watch coordinator, I saw two men sitting in a white van parked outside next door. I knew she wasn't in so I went out with a camera and took numerous photographs of the vehicle, numberplates tax disc and its occupants. The driver wound down the window questioning what I was doing and I explained they have been seen acting suspiciously and I was collecting evidence. I explained that while loitering is not an offence, any crime reported and I will hand their mugshots to Police. They quickly drove off.

My neighbour explained they were bailiffs collecting council tax and they were intimidating her. I came to this forum for suggestions and I told her to pay online. I printed off a letter from here giving a schedule of payments she can afford and another letter to the bailiffs saying that entry is denied. Her solicitor took over and asked for my photos. She issued notice to the bailiff they must quit harassing or they will face legal action under Section 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

We never heard anything more, the council accepted online payments and the bailiffs moved on.

We need more reaction like these. especially if the owners are caught out like this.

So whats cooking today ?

• 1 year later...

Ive had problems with Rossendales over the past few weeks.

I had a balance of £1200 .

I wrote too the Rossendales office and asked them if i could pay £200 per month too clear the debt.

THEY MORE OR LESS TOLD ME TOO GET STUFFED

THEY WANTED £200 PER WEEK OR I WOULD HAVE THE BAILIFF KNOCKING AT MY DOOR...

I made 4 payments too the value of £620

I missed 2 payments because i was made redundant... and the bailiff came a knocking.

He was the most arragont bastard ive ever had the pleasure too meet.

Firstly he called me on my mobile and said he was coming in the morning for his F....KING MONEY.

Being 6ft3 and a person who really doesnt care for bullies..... i made sure i was in the following morning.

I walked outside onto the drive and asked my girlfreind too lock the door behind me.

He then again swore at me and said were is my F...KING MONEY..

i THEN BEGAN TOO LAUGH AT HIM.

I turned away and he tried pushing me out of the way,,so he could make me face him.

I turned around and aked him if he had health insurance,, becaus if he touches me again he might need it....

He then got very violent and lashed out at me.

I defended myself and he fled........police then arrived and now ive been charged with assault....

IN COURT ON 2ND DEC