Game..... am i right

tezza1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i went in to the shop Game, and decided to purchase a game for the nintendo wii,

it was marked up as 99p,

it was a used game,

took to the till and the cashier said thats £7.99 please,

obviously i pulled him up and said erm...nope, it clearly says 99p on it,

he asked his manager who said the 99p was a offer price,

but the offer had ended,

and the sticker should not be on there,

so they have every right to refuse sale,

is that right.

Hmmmm, so Game will say it is a 'mistake' so do not have to sell, i say a shop that size should not be making such mistakes, So i feel i have a case under 'the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.' but even then, its down to what they decide, they could just favor the shop and say it was a mistake.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Email it to the CEO, see what they say.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Email it to the CEO, see what they say.

These were going to be my exact words :)

Thank You

This is quite simple, if this was a genuine mistake and they had forgot to remove the sticker after the sale end: you are wrong.

Game don't have to sell you the item at that price. The stickered price is merely an invitation to buy, not a committal to that price.

Rebel11 has given a link above to a great website, but there's a more specific page on that website which covers this exact scenario. It is: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_problems_with_price_or_payment_e/prices_of_goods_are_changed_on_the_website_or_at_the_shop_till.htm

And a quote from that page that sums this up is: "If you buy something in a shop and when you got to the checkout it comes up in the till as costing more, the shop does not have to sell you it at the lower price."

If you brought it with a load of other things and paid with a card you might be able ot imply it was misleading after the purchase.

However the law stands as mentioned above, the sticker is an invitation to treat and the contract is not bound until money has changed hands.

However there is a seperate raft of stuff regarding pricing

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/brighton-hove/con1item.cgi?file=*ADV1011-1111.txt

Now if a game was supposed ot be 7.99 and it was marked at 99p and there were other "similar" products available at the same price then they would be harder to say you should of known it was an obvious genuine mistake.

You cannot force them to sell it to you at the lower price. However you could make a report to trading standards and let them decide if it is worth investigating.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

They are within their rights as long as they corrected that and any other offers that shouldn't be on the shelf.

Get a friend to go in a take a look around and if there are any other things at silly prices, to take a pic and then take it to the till and see if they say the same thing.