Control Account PLC Debt

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my cousin whom i had staying at my address for a few weeks while i was away and as since moved back to Scotland ,

ordered a monitor from ebay on his laptop. from korea. which was delivered to my address in west Yorkshire.

he told me delivery was included in the price

he showed me the invoice which read item $200 plus $100 shipping.

he signed for the parcel from FedEx.

i received a letter addressed to him from fedex .

i opened it and it said he owed £52 for custom and tax fees,

the others i posted back unopened writing on not at this address,

return to sender,

now i have just had a letter from Control Account PLC.which i have posted back to them unopened ,

can they get any debt from me,

as i wont grass on my cousin.

No, your doing the right thing, send all their junk mail back unopened marked

RTS not known at this address.

You will undoubtedly get many more missives, but stick em back in the post, nowt they can do.

P.S. plenty of traffic on the internet about the likelihood of this company being a big con.

I'd keep in mind to report them to actionfraud...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

However, it is entirely normal for custom duty to be levied on imported goods when they are over a certain value. Sometimes imported goods get through somehow or other that you can't bet on it and quite often they are picked up.

You are lucky that it was delivered. Sometimes they simply deliver the paperwork and tell you to come along to the post office and pay the duty before the goods are released to you.

This is very normal. I have to pay customs duty all the time when I have things imported. This is tax which fedex have had to pay to the government on your cousin's behalf. It is only fair that customs duty is levied since your cousin would not have had to pay any VAT.

It is possible that they might try to issue a court claim against your cousin. If you just return the letters he might not find out about the claim, which would result in a default CCJ against him. This could badly damage his credit rating for the next 6 years.

I suspect we are some way off from having a court claim issued, but I think you should at least inform your cousin of the risk and certainly watch out for any paperwork that comes from the court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS