Lost Advanced Rail Ticket...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

reading around I think I'm screwed but...

I was in a rush today and I was collecting some pre-booked Advanced Single tickets for a trip next week

using one of the self service ticket machines at the station and

I printed them all but had to run for the train

I mistakenly thought they had all printed

when I got on the train I noticed too late that only the outward single had been printed not the return single...

I spoke to the train conductor (It's a small off shoot of a larger train network so has conductors)

who said he would phone the previous station when he got off at the next one and ask if they were still there

I also phoned the lost property number and left a message with my contact details

how screwed am I if they aren't found?

would it make a difference If I just said they didn't print?

after all I really don't know if they did or not :|

Many thanks in advance.

if you've proof you paid for them

and ofcourse you have

then simply go with the proof to one of the station desks

and state they didn't print or you've lost them.or left them in the machine slot by mistake

they can issue a new ticket.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you've proof you paid for them

and ofcourse you have

then simply go with the proof to one of the station desks

and state they didn't print or you've lost them.or left them in the machine slot by mistake

they can issue a new ticket.

Again, this is really bad advice. They most definitely CANNOT just "issue another ticket". They can SELL them another ticket, but if the system marks their booking reference as previously collected, it's tough.

The system marks the booking as "collected". If a machine only part prints a ticket or records a fault, then the system notes this. If they printed normally, this is also recorded, including time/date/machine etc.

To claim otherwise, is simply fraud - i.e. attempting to obtain free replacements by deception.

The correct procedure, (and the procedure that will be followed), is that you will be told that you will need to purchase new tickets at the appropriate fare for that journey. It is not the railway's concern that the customer has failed to allow sufficient time to collect (or check) their tickets.

If it was left in the machine, there is nothing stopping somebody else from finding it and using it themselves, nor is there any proof that the customer actually left them there in the first place, what's to say he did pick it up from the machine but dropped it whilst running?

So, yes, a new ticket will be required. Once you have made your journey, you may wish to contact the customer services department at a later date explaining your circumstances and see, if, as a gesture of goodwill, they may offer some minor gratuity for your error.

we would hope that common sense might prevail in such a situation surely?

ok 'someone else' could have used the ticket and got 'free travel' but the chances that someone 'wanting' to travel that route

and at that time, being the person that 'finds' that ticket, is , somewhat remote.

yes ok, the rail company 'could' be a loser here, but, the OP has made a genuine mistake & is asking 'for some help' is resolving the issue.

if the ticket/travel date is yet to occur, I see no real issue in the OP reporting this and trying to engage the company in helping.

I have, but admittedly 2yrs ago actually suffered the same issue.

I did not collect all the tickets printed from the machine when I use my debit card to collect them at the departing station.

I got to kings cross before the issue was realised.

went to one of the customer service desk and enquired what to do.

the kind lady behind the desk looked up my details and could see i had paid, but had lost the return ticket but had the reservation part.

I was issued with a replacement ticket which was attached to a white form she filled out an I signed.

when I used this on the return journey I had no issues

the conductor made a phone call and verified new ticket using the ref number on the attached white form.

HTH

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I have since spoken to the ticket office on the platform where the machine is located and they were less than helpful and told me that there was absolutely nothing they could or be willing to do and first great western who I have purchased the tickets through were only concerned that it said printed on their system and that if the ticket office could not do anything I would have to buy another ticket.

Well I have since spoken to the ticket office on the platform where the machine is located and they were less than helpful and told me that there was absolutely nothing they could or be willing to do and first great western who I have purchased the tickets through were only concerned that it said printed on their system and that if the ticket office could not do anything I would have to buy another ticket.

As I previously said, this is the correct procedure which ALL staff are expected to follow.

They aren't being unhelpful, they're just not giving you the response you wanted!

All I can say is give yourself more time next time to collect your tickets!

Hi Carl_B

Write a Letter. Explain what's happened and what you would like them to do.

See if they will offer as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Send it to:-

Mr Mark Hopwood

Managing Director

First Great Western

Mark.Hopwood@firstgroup.com

As I previously said, this is the correct procedure which ALL staff are expected to follow.

They aren't being unhelpful, they're just not giving you the response you wanted!

All I can say is give yourself more time next time to collect your tickets!

I'm not saying they were unhelpful because they didn't reprint my tickets (although that would of been nice) I was trying to be somewhat less rude than how I felt at the time of my previous post I cannot describe how up herself and self important this particular member of staff came across I've came to the conclusion fairly quickly after I started the conversation that she was enjoying every minute of it, however her manager was straight forward and pleasant.

it took considerable self control not to tell that paticular member of staff that had they been on fire I wouldn't of p***** on them.

However thank you for the correct information/procedure to begin with.

Hi Carl_B

Write a Letter. Explain what's happened and what you would like them to do.

See if they will offer as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Send it to:-

Mr Mark Hopwood

Managing Director

First Great Western

Mark.Hopwood@firstgroup.com

Thank you rebel11 for the address information I will re-book a second ticket tomorrow from my Nan's through First Great Western and then send them a letter asking them to consider a gesture of goodwill I suppose something to be grateful for is that I only managed not to collect the return, after all how many people are going to need a return from Plymouth to Southampton on this particular day in November? and also be in a station 30 miles away from Southampton to begin with?