Very.co.uk & their £12 default charges

martin4963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just before I take this matter to the ombudsman, I`d appreciate the forum's take on the following:

Very.co.uk have charged me a £12 default charge because I made a payment of £80.00 on 1st July

for payment due date of 25th July and

are classing it as an overpayment on the previous month,

the due date being 27th June,

citing their reasons been that my next statement hadn't been printed and was only generated on 5th July.

I disagree and dispute the default charge in it's entirety.

My point of view been that any ADDITIONAL payment I make AFTER the due date,

should automatically be allocated to that months payment.

This is the response I have received from their "Customer Excellence" department in Bolton,

and further advise me that this is their final response to the matter

The £12 default charges are reclaimable... But yes it seems silly that youve got charged a default charge for overpaying to help you out?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

if you pay within a 28 day cycle and the statement date is after the credit date then they do not carry that payment as next due payment within the next statement i.e. pay twice within charging period but statement due date after payments recorded then next month shows as no payment received, I had this with HSBC years ago.

But the default £12.00 is claimable back from them, have you spoke to them?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

It's so little, that it's not really worth taking any direct action about it. Instead, why don't you simply take their final response and use it as the basis for bringing a complaint to the ombudsman. That will cost them about £400.

These people are crazy and have no sense of proportion. Begin the ombudsman complaint and see what happens. I would suggest that even if they put their hands up and pay the money, that you still insist that it goes to the ombudsman because you need clarification.

Thank you, I agree it is a piddling amount and a part of me says that "they're obviously in greater need of £12 than I am, so roll over play dead and let them keep it",

but on the other hand, how many £100's and £1000's are they skanking off their customers simply because they do roll over and play dead ?

The ombudsman it is !