Arrow/Restons - Claimform old MBNA 'debt'

gjindancer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The court wont reduce their costs..you have ignored the Tomlin Order and proceeded to the hearing which is incurring the costs.If you had accepted the Tomlin Order and vacated the hearing there wouldn't be any fees ?

Best of luck anyhow

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

No - their tomlin agreement - sent 2 days before the court date - INCLUDED all legal costs onto the balance.

INCLUDING - a court appearance

So I would have paid for their court appearance even If I had just signed the Tomlin and settled out of court.

Its a cheeky move by Restons - just assuming I'd roll over and pay whatever they could add.

Also - if this goes to court they are pushing to have the tomlin sealed - so I really have nothing to lose.

It's under 10k and a small claim so charges should not be made anyhow.

Dan

Okay so they are pre loading the hearings costs for Summary Judgment into the Tomlin Order...costs which they have yet to incur.You need to raise that in court then along with your objections as to why their application should be dismissed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well, I managed to get £500 knocked off the charges.

However my initial letters contained some FOTL stuff from [removed] and the judge was not impressed with that.

He agreed Restons could have been more forthwith with presenting the requested information,

however he thought my original letters were overly aggressive (Templates from FOTL site)

and asked me "how were restons supposed to respond to these"

I said "they could have provided me at least some of the information I requested"

They claimed I received the CCA in July and didn't react until much later

- this was not the case and it was late september I got hold of it

- but this probably swayed the judge to keep 2/3 of the costs upheld.

I think its a good lesson learned to steer clear of the "x of the family z" crap and probably anything off that site.

There was no way the CCA would have been seen as unenforceable with the history of payments I had made.

My credit rating is shot anyhow and I don't do credit any more at all so I'm not too bothered about the CCJ.

I'll be clawing back charges from MBNA soon. :-)

Edited by dx100uk
edits by DX