Lowells and Cap1 debt CCA return - help

aristilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys i just got to add this pn: its laughable:

i'll post them up in a mo'

my balance from 16/10/1999 £1073.53 nil in/nil out

to: 15/04/2000 £926.20 nil in/nil out credit limit was £2000 (which it never was anyway) it was £1700

then:16/05/2000 new balance:£910.73 nilin/nil out ? and my credit limit shot up to £4000

then:16/08/2000 new balance £889.93 nil in/nilout, so according to thier staemnets i had been paying ????

yet they confirm on the statements that nil ws ppaid in, and nil was paid out?

they must be using a mix of imperial/decimal/and double dutch mathematics??:-)

Are these statements produced by Lowell or Cap1 ?

I think they may be deducting interest, rather than adding it on ! They have just typed in the information in the wrong order, so the balance on 16/8/00 should have been £926.20.

If Lowells are still dealing with the account and it has not been passed to Solicitors, I should imagine that they are not confident with the information they have available. Therefore there is no real intention of taking this forward, unless they think you won't bother to defend or they have a better basis to proceed on.

You can also add a note to the letter, saying that the statement information appears to also be erroneus, as evidenced by what they have sent.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as you say something is erroneous :)

.cheers many thanks for speedy reply:) will add to my response :)

any thoughts on it being Statute Barred in January2015? as last payment was 05/01/2009 ?

Already answered. You won't know this, unless you know the date on the last default notice by which date a payment had to be made. What happened after you stopped paying in Jan 09 ? I suspect that the 6 years will run from say Feb 09 i.e say 30 days after you failed to make an agreed payment.

The payment in Jan 09. Was this just a reduced payment that was agreed, nothing to do with the original debt and default notice ? If this is the case, the 6 years SB could be based on the last date of payment, so it could be SB'd in Jan 15.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Already answered. You won't know this, unless you know the date on the last default notice by which date a payment had to be made. What happened after you stopped paying in Jan 09 ? I suspect that the 6 years will run from say Feb 09 i.e say 30 days after you failed to make an agreed payment.

The payment in Jan 09. Was this just a reduced payment that was agreed, nothing to do with the original debt and default notice ? If this is the case, the 6 years SB could be based on the last date of payment, so it could be SB'd in Jan 15.

hi, After i stopped paying, nothing really apart from various DCas trying to get me to pay, and i just hit them with the unenforceabity agreement, and that was the end of it for 4 years, until Lowell started it again recently:

yes it was an agreed reduced payment i had with Capitol One, and that was the last one in Jan 2009,

I've supported the site, as all your help is greatly appreciated: :smile: